pbilodeau

Skidiving landing

Hi my name is Pierre, i'm 34 years old man, i had incomplete paralysis on my leg follow up an accident since 11 year. So i walk with 2 stick. So this summer i had try tandem jump, it was wonderful, i had made 6 jumps and now my objective is to do my AFF next year. So my only point of worry is about landing, i can control my right leg, but my left is for now difficult for me to move it safely. i read post from TONTO that write about PETER that succeed to landing with jumpsuit modification, is this possible to have picture of it or is someone else have still do modification for this type of landing, it will be appreciate to reply.

Thanks

Pierre:)

Hi Pierre,

Injuries such as yours are very specific - and I doubt what worked for Peter would work for you.

You have one good leg, so it seems a shame to use a system which would disable both legs. One of the major risks for para's is fracture due to lower leg bone density, but lots of therapy these days works on weight bearing with calipers etc to help strengthen the bone.

Try and find a senior skydiver or instructor at your DZ who want to help you. Make a list of your strengths and weaknesses and design something that will work for you. As soon as Peter contacts me again I'll see if I can get an e-mail address for you.
Right now - find someone who will accept your dream as a project and help make it happen.

Blue Skies,

t
It's the year of the Pig.