Slash

Multiple Sclerosis

I haven't jump for a year now and i did about 25 jumps last summer. I now have a new girlfriend and she wants to try falling through the sky and i aslo i have to back up there cause i'm going crazy here on the ground.

Now my GF has "Multiple Sclerosis" and i just want to find out everything i can about Multiple Sclerosis and skydiving so i can help make it easier for her.

So if theres anyone out there with this desease that skydives i'm just wounding if you have any pointers?
Sunday is Gods day so why not spend it up in his heaven with him (her)? SKYDIVE ON SUNDAYS INSTEAD OF GOING TO CHURCH!!!
BLUE SKYS ;)

I have MS and I skydive regularly. You need to let your girlfriend know that skydiving (specially the first jump) is a stressful experience. People with MS get tired a lot quicker, so make sure she gets a good solid nights sleep before the jump. Alos, don't plan too much more the rest of the day after the jump.

I used to be able to do 10 jumps a day, but right now, 3 or 4 is my absolute limit. Also, i take meds that really tire me out so I don't take them before a week-end of jumping.

Overall, just make sure she's rested and symptom free that day, and everything should be fine.

Marz

I have recently been diagnosed with MS and find that the break from the everyday skydiving provides (stress relief) helps me during the following week.

As mentioned in your other response; it is tiring. As long as she takes it easy, the experience will be amazing as it is for the general population.

Blue Skies!

Chicagoland Skydiving Center has a Skydiving for MS boogie every year.... It's now growing into a pretty big deal.

You can read about the people who started it here: http://www.msjump.com/ You can find Ken Adams email address on that page, he's a good guy to talk to about jumping with MS, unfortunately he's had to quit jumping in recent years...

Every year the Skydiving for MS boogie takes a good bunch of MS quads for tandem jumps and raises a truckload of money.

This years Boogie is being held on June 25th. http://www.skydivecsc.com/zone/calendar_detail.php?event_id=372.

I know I didn't answer any of your questions, but be sure to drop Ken a line.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.