captain1

Banged up

I severely shattered both my feet in a skydiving accident and 4 months later I am starting to realize I will never be the same again. Anyways, does anybody have experience with a shattered talus. My surgeon is excellent but I need multiple opinions.

Dude, if you have a D licence and you are ok under canopy go ahead. Do it when you feel heeled. I don't know about you but i was just in hospital for a week and had my ankle pinned and that was excruciating. I have been forced to resign from be really cool, to really broken at my dz. I will only fly again at the windtunnels around the world.Less distance to fall. I was lucky, since only my legs are in plaster. I was hanging from my canopy that got hooked on the roof od the hanger, my fall could have been worse. All I can say is be a safe skydiver, minimise the risk by not doing low hooks and checking your equipment thouroughly.
All for now

An newly disabled tree_squirrel!
I didn't do it, i swear!
Backloops @ sunset!

Thanks for the reply squirrel & shabino. I have been absent from skydiving for almost 12 months. These days, much of my time and energy is consumed at work. Skydiving is always in the back of my thoughts and now I am strongly considering coming back. I just need to get my ass back in shape. The ankles are tender, knees crackle/pop, and I sometime wabble and shout "aaaarrrrrhhhh" like that pirate in the fedex commercial.

Thanks for the reply squirrel & shabino. I have been absent from skydiving for almost 12 months. These days, much of my time and energy is consumed at work. Skydiving is always in the back of my thoughts and now I am strongly considering coming back. I just need to get my ass back in shape. The ankles are tender, knees crackle/pop, and I sometime wabble and shout "aaaarrrrrhhhh" like that pirate in the fedex commercial.

You could come back with a canopy that's bigger than normal, and then slow it way down so you don't have to try the ankle; maybe just kind of 'sit' down for a while? :o May not be the coolest looking landing in the world, but probably a lot less painful... :)
Be safe,
BK

maybe just kind of 'sit' down for a while?

Butt landings are not good for the spine and tail bone.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey