jkwskydive

Modified Dytters wanted

Shooting and being around turbine engines most of my adult life has not helped my hearing. Still pass a flight physical but can't always hear the turn signal in my car. A modified visual ditter would be helpful for a lot of us. I would buy one now.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

I could probably make one.

I've made an altimeter from scratch, unfortunatly due to weather, i was unable to test my latest prototype this season. works great on the plane tho ;)

If u just wanted an LED blinker, that should not be a problem...

PM let me know if you're interested in some home-made modifications ;)

Hi,
Sorry for taking long to reply this.
Of course, I am interested but would like to see how you made. I already made one for mysef and it is ok for me.
I used two old modified dytters acted as one pro dytter because of two different warnings (adjust alti). Would you pls send me a close-up image of what you made.
Thanks,

I saw that in another thread( cannot remember which forum it was in). I agree with the response in that thread about the unit being too bulky to use safely in a jump due to all the snag/bump potential. I would definetly be interested when it is small enough to fit inside a helmet. It is a step in the right direction.

John...
Just an idea.. maybe if we get all the deafies we know, plus maybe a few camera people who would like a visual warning LED maybe we could het L&B to make us a special run? I'm guess 25 to 50 might get their attention? then we'd have to collect money for group buy..
theres at least 25 deaf jumpers that we know of now.. as for camera people.. who's like LED visual warning.. no idea..on how many..

now that was fast.. I got reply to my email to L&B in like 2 hours..I copied it.

Hello Mike,
Thank you for your e-mail.
We are aware about the need for LEDs on deaf skydivers and we plan to
come out with something around the middle of this year that will fit your
needs.

Best regards,
Mads Larsen

LARSEN & BRUSGAARD
Mosevej 3
4070 Kirke Hyllinge
DENMARK

Phone: +45 46 48 24 80
Fax: +45 46 48 24 90
[email protected]
www.L-and-B.dk

Hi,
I have two old modified dytters glued(velcro) each other attached outside my Oxgyn helmet so I have two different color LEDs inside for two diff altitudes. Enough to get my attention. If Pro-track is to be modified for LED use, it would be better because of 3 diff altitudes.

Thansk for letting LB know..

john

That looks like something useful. If anyone gets a chance to try it , let the rest of us know how it works. Also someone mentioned an altimeter that vibrates, does anyone know about this. Would it be useful? I kinda have my doubts, there is alot of movement done by skydivers and I feel that a little vibration could easily be missed at around pull time. How do others feel about that?

That looks like something useful. If anyone gets a chance to try it , let the rest of us know how it works. Also someone mentioned an altimeter that vibrates, does anyone know about this. Would it be useful? I kinda have my doubts, there is alot of movement done by skydivers and I feel that a little vibration could easily be missed at around pull time. How do others feel about that?

we'll just increase the voltage so it'll shock you!

about 20 years ago, I developed and modified my old paralert by adding vibration. I can feel on solo jumps because I focused on the vibration. When I did RW, it was easy to miss the feeling of vibration because I focused on dives and forgot completely about the vibration.

You should be able to open the dyter and disconnect the audio alarm and install a LED in place. Carefull of the polarity of the LED it will only work one way. Led are cheap and come in various voltages. once wired and tested just mount it in your helmet or on your goggles:)