BillyVance

First Deaf skydiver to do BASE jump!

More great news!

Alan Thompson, Jr, a Deaf skydiver from Great Britain, has become the first Deaf skydiver to do a Base jump!! He made 4 jumps off the 3000 foot cliffs at Kjeray, Norway last week. Pictures are on the Deaf Skydivers website, look in the Highlights for 2004 section. www.deafskydivers.org

Congratulations to Alan!

Blue Skies!
Billy Vance
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Alan even almost had a wall-strike on one of those jumps when the canopy opened off-heading. He veered back out at almost the last second... scared himself half to death too. :S

Unfortunately, it appears that Alan was not even the first Deaf skydiver to Base jump. I was told by a Base jumper after cross-posting on the Base Zone forum, that there is a deaf Base jumper in Montana who has been Base jumping regularly for the past year or so. No other details yet. I am trying to confirm.

Blue Skies
Billy
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

hey thats Al T nice one mate (even though he prob not read this) [:/]

You never told me he was the 1st deaf skydiver to base jump Wayne you munki.
;)

He's one of the nicest lads you'll ever meat at Peterlee well acctually prob' any where and a cracking lad to talk to.

Welldone Alan

Unfortunately, it appears that Alan was not even the first Deaf skydiver to Base jump. I was told by a Base jumper after cross-posting on the Base Zone forum, that there is a deaf Base jumper in Montana who has been Base jumping regularly for the past year or so. No other details yet. I am trying to confirm.

What's unfortunate about that? As long as everyone is having fun, it's all good.

I've posted to the thread in BASE, and sent you a PM with Shaun's contact info.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com