Madhat

hip replacement

Good afternoon. I am an experienced jumper with just under 3000 jumps. I am 52 years old but look like 62. Oh well. Due to osteoarthritis I require a hip replacement. I need to know from as many people as possible the drawbacks, actual problems, experiences of those people that have had a hip replacement etc. If it looks like I wouldn't be able to jump then I will just continue limping around the dropzone and forget the replacement. Please note that should you get this affliction as many people do, it hurts like hell. But as an old philosopher once said "Boo Hoo whatcha gonna do". Thanks in advance for your input.

I have posted about why I had to have a total hip on here.

I had mine replaced in June of 2001.

I started Skydiving again in May of 2002.

Get it done. You will be much happier.

PM me if you want more details.

Read these two threads which I have posted in the past.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=852333;search_string=hip;#852333

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=751606;search_string=hip;#751606

Laters,

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

I jumped with a gal who had a double hip replacement. She was from Lodi and was a hell of a good camera flier. If you would like details please e mail me.

That she was... Jan Davis. One heck of a skydiver and hell-raiser. :P She also had a big heart for other skydivers. I met her at the Mardi Gras boogie probably 4 years ago, just a month or so before she died in a double-mal when the main snagged on her camera gear and the reserve went into the mess too. I just knew it was her when I first spotted her (back-to-me). Her best friend told me to watch for the penguin shuffle... :D

She did have the double hip-replacement surgery, then went right back to skydiving as soon as she could. She is still sorely missed at Lodi and by the other DZ.commers around the country. I was just lucky and blessed to have had the opportunity to meet her before her time was up.

Blue Skies
Billy
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Good afternoon. I am an experienced jumper with just under 3000 jumps. I am 52 years old but look like 62. Oh well. Due to osteoarthritis I require a hip replacement.
--------------------------------------------------------
I made three jumps Sunday on a five month old total hip replacement. Made one at Elsinore three weeks ago. Its tough...but can be done if you yourself are tough.

bozo

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

I made three jumps Sunday on a five month old total hip replacement. Made one at Elsinore three weeks ago. Its tough...but can be done if you yourself are tough.

bozo

BOZO!! Welcome back to skydiving!! Glad to hear you're still among us! Yeah, you're one tough old bastard, all right... ;) hang in there and grit it out! Gotta have your fun, right? :P

Blue Skies
Billy
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

bozo

BOZO!! Welcome back to skydiving!! Glad to hear you're still among us! Yeah, you're one tough old bastard, all right... ;) hang in there and grit it out! Gotta have your fun, right? :P

Blue Skies
Billy

Yeah...what do those dumbass doctors know anyway.

bozo

bozo

Bozo is a tough old outlaw, but Like Jan is a great skydiver and kind to newbies and old timers alike

congrats, good to hear ya got to jump.

bozo is a tough old outlaw, but Like Jan is a great skydiver and kind to newbies and old timers alike

Bill ya gotta cut that shit out......cant have people thinking i'm not an asshole :o)

bozo

bozo is a tough old outlaw, but Like Jan is a great skydiver and kind to newbies and old timers alike

Bill ya gotta cut that shit out......cant have people thinking i'm not an asshole :o)

Ok, here's my $.02 -- you're not really an asshole.

You just played one in the movies.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?