klingeme

Any other jumpers with Hydracephalis?

Any other jumpers out there with "Water on the Brain" I started jumping without consulting my neurosurgen, then after I was having some vision problems (that ended up having nothing to do with the shunt) he said I probably should not have started, but since I had done it 500 times by that point, he figures there is nothing wrong with it.

If so, when was the last time you had your shunt replaced, and leading up to the replacement, did you have any problems in regards to jumping.

My past history shows me it needs to be replaced every 10 years, and my last surgery was in Oct of 1994, so I'm about due.

Just asking,
Mark Klingelhoefer

My daughter (who is now 4) has a Shunt, Dr. Dauser from Houston tells us skydiving should be no problem, Dowser is a Pilot and an eminenece in Hydrocephalis. We have been lucky that no revisions have had to be made yet.
Tell us more about you, my wife and I are interested in learning more about life with this thing.
We are in good hands for sure but always worried.
Blue Skies

LIFE IS LIKE A CIGARETTE, YOU CAN SIT THERE AND WATCH IT BURN AWAY OR YOU CAN SMOKE THAT BITCH TO THE FILTER