bsrodeo540

Cookie 3G visor

Just bought a new 3G from Chutingstar, all good, sizing good, but.. There is a noticeable visibility reduction when I close the visor.. I mean I never jumped with full face helmets but I feel it should not be so drastic..

I know people reported problems with the anti-fog coating in the past, but nothing seems to peel off or anything like that.. just the lens itself is like.. foggy? It's not fogging up when I close it down, just the visor itself is not super clear..

Is that a problem or something I have to get used to? I expected much clearer lens to be honest..

Also, a side question - do people jump these helmets without a visor? If I take it off and just jump with sunglasses?

Thanks!
Every life comes with a death sentence. Until then, who's in charge?

bsrodeo540

Just bought a new 3G from Chutingstar, all good, sizing good, but.. There is a noticeable visibility reduction when I close the visor.. I mean I never jumped with full face helmets but I feel it should not be so drastic..

I know people reported problems with the anti-fog coating in the past, but nothing seems to peel off or anything like that.. just the lens itself is like.. foggy? It's not fogging up when I close it down, just the visor itself is not super clear..

Is that a problem or something I have to get used to? I expected much clearer lens to be honest..

Also, a side question - do people jump these helmets without a visor? If I take it off and just jump with sunglasses?

Thanks!

There is a plastic film covering the front of the lens peel it off.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Ok, emailed Paragear (sorry for misinforming at the beginning, baught it from Paragear), they are sending a new visor free of charge, pretty prompt and cool about it, very pleased with them. Another question popped up though.. So I tried wearing my sunglasses under the visor and while visor is not fogging up, my sunglasses do :) how do people deal with that?

Option 1. Try it in freefall.
Option 2. Try the 2 different mouth pieces that come with the G3, and try without any mouth padding (in freefall).
Option 3. Try different sunglasses that fit properly under your $300+ helmet.
Option 4. Get a tinted lens and stop using sunglasses.
Option 5. (Not recommended, but this is the route I took.) Jump it for 500+ jumps, put it on the ground when packing, drop it occasionally, forcefully shove it in your dz locker 5 days/week, accidentally close the chin strap in the visor every other time you land, get kicked in the head all the time doing 4way, forget to close the visor on a bunch of jumps (until breakoff, while tracking, when sunglasses rattle and you notice the movement); then the hinges are worn and you might have a 2mm gap between the bottom of the helmet and the visor, providing enough airflow to prevent fogging... that's what works for me. 600 jumps in the 12+ months since I got my G3. No fogging, lots of wear.

Haha Sammielu, I'll try your option 5 lol :)

I am using the thinner foam insert in the helmet cause I feel like in the event of impact it provides a little bit of extra cushioning. I also close it right before exit and open right after opening.

I am using pretty well fitting glasses but never tried them in freefall, don't want to struggle with fogging in the middle of the jump.