TribalTalon

deaf skydivers

Great, can't wait to see you.

Guy said your team is full

I don't even know what team or plan I'm on yet:(
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Don,
Did I tell you the story about my last trip to Eloy?

I was sitting in the bar, having dinner and drinks. My friend noticed some guys behind me signing. My friend says, "Hey, can you tell what they are talking about." I tell him, "Sure!" Then I watch. I really can't understand them, and I'm thinking, "Wow, I haven't had that much to drink." So I go up to them and start signing, and come to find out, they are from Germany, and are using German Sign Language :D
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

John,
You know, that sounds right.
I'll be seeing you in a few weeks. BTW, I have called the rubber band man twice, and both times he has promised to send me some. Still waiting>:(

In case, I will bring both small bags of small and large bands to Zhills in one week.

That would be great. I think I'm doing okay with the number of black bands that I have. But, you never know.

I just can't believe that I have called this guy twice, and still no bands. Gee.........what does it take to give someone money?

Hi y'all! I am deaf and in love with skydiving! A friend took me for my first tandem on my birthday a year and a half ago. I was so thrilled I had to go again! B| Since then, I've done 6 more tandems. The whole time my friend and I were talking about going through AFP together with an interpreter, but he's backed out. I'm going for my license anyway! I won't need the interpreter because I can hear pretty well one-on-one with my hearing aids.

Anyone know Jen Keys? She helped make my first experience awesome! She was so friendly and knew sign, it helped me feel more comfortable right away! She rocks!

hi welcome to deaf skydivers..
you won't need a interpiter to do AFF or AFP training, but your instctors / jumpmasters will need more time to be sure you understand everything. it'll be more one on one type training for you. Don't be afraid to ask questions. hve fun.

Mike

awesome! best of luck with getting your a license... its not that hard, just be prepared to spend extra time on canopy flight and how to fly the pattern because the instructor will not be able to talk you down via radio. its kinda freaky the first couple times then its no big deal after that :)

Billy, John and Mike - check out the Mardi Gras Boogie article in May's Parachutist. Y'all are mentioned. I hope I did a good job with your portion. :)
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

Wow, I knew you were a jump whore, but now the whole world knows it too;)
Big hugs and kisses to you,
Mar

Was hoping you would come to your home DZ where the new MS state record happened this past weekend. Miss you.

I was in the Caribbean and didn't return until 5/9. I did drive out there that day, but I didn't get there until about Noon and I had to leave at 2pm to take my friend to the airport. I must have barely missed you.:(
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

Was hoping you would come to your home DZ where the new MS state record happened this past weekend. Miss you.

I was in the Caribbean and didn't return until 5/9. I did drive out there that day, but I didn't get there until about Noon and I had to leave at 2pm to take my friend to the airport. I must have barely missed you.:(

Not to worry, I'll be there next weekend for the Toadsuckers boogie, so you can get your sign language "fix"... :D

See ya soon!
Blue Skies
Billy
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban