NeoX

Réunion airport security thought AAD is explosive device and made me put rig in the hold

Unlike you, I don't seek to assign blame for everything.

As this thread clearly demonstrates!:ph34r:

No. But that is an absurd thing for you to suggest. And quite discriminatory of you to target only the French.

Do you have any discernable sense of humour, or are you genuinely unaware of what 'lingua franca' literally means?;)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

I said 'everything', not 'anything'.

jakee

Do you have any discernable sense of humour ...

Yes. Not here.

jakee

... or are you genuinely unaware of what 'lingua franca' literally means?;)

No.
He's doing his Superman thing.

But if one question from me allows you to judge how I approach everything why does a whole thread from you not allow me to judge how you approach everything?

I guess you're just that more more insightful than everyone ese on here. Especially those of us who found it worthwhile to find out about our AAD documentation before we flew and not after, apparently;)

Yes. Not here.

You can say that again!

No.

And yet you couldn't work out why I highlighted the irony of asking French people to speak english because english is 'the french tongue':D

tred

so did he?:D
Did who what?

jakee

But if one question from me allows you to judge how I approach everything why does a whole thread from you not allow me to judge how you approach everything?

Good logical point. But don't forget you brought blame into this.

jakee

I guess you're just that more more insightful than everyone ese on here. Especially those of us who found it worthwhile to find out about our AAD documentation before we flew and not after, apparently;)

This has been discussed already. See post #19.

jakee

Yes. Not here.

You can say that again!

Yes. Not here.

jakee

No.

And yet you couldn't work out why I highlighted the irony of asking French people to speak english because english is 'the french tongue':D

I got it. I just don't have time to respond to off-topic and irrelevant points.

I just don't have time to respond to off-topic and irrelevant points.

Really? Because you've managed to stretch this thread out to 3 pages when, as you pointed out, pretty much all relevant discussion was handled by post #19:P

Joking around might usually be off-topic but the way the conversation has been going this seems relevant:

Monty Python:

M: I came here for a good argument!
O: AH, no you didn't, you came here for an argument!
M: An argument isn't just contradiction.
O: Well! it CAN be!
M: No it can't!
M: An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
O: No it isn't!

jakee

I just don't have time to respond to off-topic and irrelevant points.

Really? Because you've managed to stretch this thread out to 3 pages when, as you pointed out, pretty much all relevant discussion was handled by post #19:P

I've not stretched this thread out. You will find that the 3 pages consist mainly of posts that are not mine. You and others feel the need to continue the thread when I've repeatedly stated I have the advice I require. I simply reply out of politeness despite the rude and offensive nature of some replies including yours.

Post #19 does not contain "all relevant discussion". I do not know why you think it does. Perhaps with your 24 posts per week average compared to my less than 1, you spend more time arguing on the Internet than being in the skies.

I simply reply out of politeness despite the rude and offensive nature of some replies including yours.

I'll give you that. You have obviously tried very hard to remain polite at all times.

:|

Post #19 does not contain "all relevant discussion". I do not know why you think it does.

I do not know why you think I think it does?

Perhaps with your 24 posts per week average compared to my less than 1, you spend more time arguing on the Internet than being in the skies.

Yep.

But since I've made more BASE jumps in the last 2 months than you've made total jumps in 4 years, I still manage to spend quite a bit of time in the skies. What do you spend your time doing, apart from failing to research your gear?

NeoX

***It's not a big deal to check your rig.

It is. See post #19.

There's a bigger picture here and it's that if an airplane employee feels like you're being on edge about something then it raises a red flag. Based upon this thread I feel sympathetic towards the guys who made a simple mistake and had to deal with what may have been some over-reactions on your part (don't take that the wrong way, I'm not internet shaming you). I've been taking rigs airports for 15 years and have never had an issue other than security people being interested in how it worked and what happens if the "pair of shoots" doesn't open.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

tred

I've not stretched this thread out. You will find that the 3 pages consist mainly of posts that are not mine. .

actually as of your last post 20 out of 60 posts in this thread are yours.
So we're in agreement then.

jakee

Post #19 does not contain "all relevant discussion". I do not know why you think it does.

I do not know why you think I think it does?

See post #58.

jakee

Perhaps with your 24 posts per week average compared to my less than 1, you spend more time arguing on the Internet than being in the skies.

Yep.

But since I've made more BASE jumps in the last 2 months than you've made total jumps in 4 years, I still manage to spend quite a bit of time in the skies.

Are you seeking validation here?

jakee

What do you spend your time doing, apart from failing to research your gear?

Your posit is incorrect and was discussed in post #19.

My private life is nothing to do with you and irrelevant here.

DJL

******It's not a big deal to check your rig.

It is. See post #19.

There's a bigger picture here and it's that if an airplane employee feels like you're being on edge about something then it raises a red flag. Based upon this thread I feel sympathetic towards the guys who made a simple mistake and had to deal with you. I've been taking rigs airports for 15 years and have never had an issue other than security people being interested in how it worked and what happens if the "pair of shoots" doesn't open.
Veiled insults are unnecessary and you should probably look in the mirror first (also, no one dealt with me - I spoke to no one). But it appears that you disagree with most repliers on here. So I'll disregard your post as BS. Thanks anyway.

See post #58.

Post #58 says nothing about the content of post #19. I do not know why you think it does.

Nope. I don't need anyone else to tell me how awesome it is to be sitting here in the mountains doing a fuck ton of jumpsB|

You bought time in the air into the discussion though so you must have thought it was relevant. After all, you clearly don't have time to be replying to comments that aren't important:ph34r:

My apologies. I should have said 'researching your gear badly'.

You are starting to sound like Kim Gibbs, championing a lost cause to the point of self destruction. You don't want to be like her, do you? Just accept the lesson to be learned, give yourself extra time when traveling, bring your x-ray card (which you already said you'll do) and go be a kick-ass skydiver :)

jakee

See post #58.

Post #58 says nothing about the content of post #19. I do not know why you think it does.

I never said it did. I do not know why you think I think it does.

jakee

Nope. I don't need anyone else to tell me how awesome it is to be sitting here in the mountains doing a fuck ton of jumpsB|

You bought time in the air into the discussion though so you must have thought it was relevant. After all, you clearly don't have time to be replying to comments that aren't important:ph34r:

I have time to answer a point succinctly, but not to reply verbosely like you do introducing all manner of insults, new topics, new points, etc.

You still seem like you're seeking validation, though.

jakee

My apologies. I should have said 'researching your gear badly'.

Subjective. Overlooking a single sentence in a 41-page manual is not IMO 'badly', perhaps just a 'minor oversight' that has no impact on whether I or anyone else lives or dies.

BigMikeH77

You are starting to sound like Kim Gibbs, championing a lost cause to the point of self destruction. You don't want to be like her, do you? Just accept the lesson to be learned, give yourself extra time when traveling, bring your x-ray card (which you already said you'll do) and go be a kick-ass skydiver :)

Exactly - already accepted 2 pages back. I'm not championing anything; just politely replying to one or two people who have too much ego and are trying to win the Internet. Honestly, it's like fishing in a barrel here.

Because you said this? "Post #19 does not contain "all relevant discussion". "

I have time to answer a point succinctly, but not to reply verbosely like you do introducing all manner of insults, new topics, new points, etc.

Insults? What insults? I've seen you call other people a few different things but I think I've been very fair...

Subjective. Overlooking a single sentence in a 41-page manual is not IMO 'badly', perhaps just a 'minor oversight' that has no impact on whether I or anyone else lives or dies.

A single sentence... on the second page of actual content. But you also suggested in post #14 that there was no-one in your skydiving circle that was aware of the Vigil X-Ray card. Unless the only people you know are noobs as ignorant as you are I guarantee that is not the case. People knew, you just didn't bother asking.

And it may be only a minor oversight in terms of safety (although who knows what else you overlooked) but when you thought it was all someone else's fault it was an important enough oversight to have you asking about complaining to tourist boards and government agencies etc.

Honestly, it's like fishing in a barrel here.

Just what I was thinking:D

jakee

When I said "I never said it did", this does not mean I think it doesn't; I just didn't state it.

jakee

Insults? What insults? I've seen you call other people a few different things but I think I've been very fair...

Posts #53, #56, and certainly #72. Plus others more veiled.

jakee

A single sentence... on the second page of actual content. But you also suggested in post #14 that there was no-one in your skydiving circle that was aware of the Vigil X-Ray card. Unless the only people you know are noobs as ignorant as you are I guarantee that is not the case. People knew, you just didn't bother asking.

You completely misunderstood post #14.

jakee

And it may be only a minor oversight in terms of safety (although who knows what else you overlooked) but when you thought it was all someone else's fault it was an important enough oversight to have you asking about complaining to tourist boards and government agencies etc.

You completely misunderstood post #1.

jakee

Honestly, it's like fishing in a barrel here.

Just what I was thinking:D

My posts: emotionless/succinct
Your posts: emotional, reactive and verbose

Me:
You:

NeoX

When I said "I never said it did", this does not mean I think it doesn't; I just didn't state it.

Uhh, ok. But when you said "I do not know why you think I think it does." I replied by showing you where you said you thin it does. I'm at a loss as to how you don't see the direct connection?:|

jakee

And what were they?

nope. You basically said you weren't 'lucky' enough to have someone spontaneously volunteer information to you. Guess what, the world doesn't usually work that way.:D

:D:D:D I challenge you to find one other person who has posted in this thread that agrees with that sentence!

It's raining here today, so I have absolutely nothing else I need to do, and have all the time in the world to be verbose.

You, as you say, have no time to respond to off-topic posts but are still here and still biting. So....;)

I think we ought to get (xxxxx) all wound up on this thread. It's never end :)

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

jakee

Uhh, ok. But when you said "I do not know why you think I think it does." I replied by showing you where you said you thin it does. I'm at a loss as to how you don't see the direct connection?:|
I never said I don't. I do not know why you think I did.

jakee

And what were they?
Read the posts and see.

jakee

nope. You basically said you weren't 'lucky' enough to have someone spontaneously volunteer information to you. Guess what, the world doesn't usually work that way.:D

I never said that.

jakee

:D:D:D I challenge you to find one other person who has posted in this thread that agrees with that sentence!

Irrelevant if anyone agrees. It's a fact.

jakee

It's raining here today, so I have absolutely nothing else I need to do, and have all the time in the world to be verbose.

You, as you say, have no time to respond to off-topic posts but are still here and still biting. So....;)

I mentioned the fishing analogy first - now you're trying to reverse it on me. Be original.
Undoubtedly, you will react to the following with denial
Honestly, you seem frustrated - your posts are very reactive.

I do not know why you think I did.

Because I'm assuming you're not being wrong on purpose.

Read the posts and see.

Like these? "...arrogant or completely obtuse ... Mr American Boy ... I don't really care about your emotional issues ... you appear stupid ... you and he seem to be equally dense ... You're incompetent ... I don't have time to spoonfeed you ... take your offensive/sarcastic attitude and superiority complex elsewhere ... people who have too much ego..."

I see what you mean. Loads of insults flying around in those posts:P

I never said that.

Read the post.

Irrelevant if anyone agrees. It's a fact*.

* Disclaimer: Not a fact:D

I mentioned the fishing analogy first - now you're trying to reverse it on me. Be original.

Sorry, I didn't realise you invented fish in a barrel. Any other common phrases belonging to you I should avoid? Maybe I should just start accusing everyone who dsagrees with me of being 'emotional' - is that original enough?:ph34r:

Honestly, you seem frustrated - your posts are very reactive.

Interesting thought! Undoubtedly, you will react to the following with denial

You seem like a terrible skydiver with minimal gear knowledge and an extremely bad attitude towards constructive criticism.