jstratfan

3rd Viso in 5 months. Guess I'm N3 bound.

paracapanas

If you guys wants a better option for the N3 holder, check this out:
https://www.shapeways.com/product/8HQN9RXD2/bracer-mount-for-alti-2-n3

Have you noticed your posts disappearing? The mods frown on the same thing being posted over and over again.

Doesn't hurt to read the rules http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=142088
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

I've had two crap out of on me.

My first one crapped out on an AFF pre course. I mailed it back but had to buy another one to use in the meantime because it takes about 4 weeks to get the replacement.

Then the new one I bought crapped out and I sent that back. I had to send a reminder email before I got the replacement. I think that was about 6 weeks for replacement.

I like them, but you'll probably want to have two.

I'm sorry to hear about your Viso. I love L&B products and now I only use their products. I just need one of their cool hats for my collection :) I did not like the N3. The battery sucked, it would not charge, after 24 hours of charging it would still give me one bar on the battery. The altimeter would die half way through a jump. The computer software that came with it was horrible. Nothing worked. Lastly, the costumer service was pathetic. Now, this is only my opinion. Things might have changed since I last owned a N3. I know a few people who love them and had no issues so far. Good luck.

Sometimes things break or malfunction. L&B definitely has the best customer service for their stuff and they repair or replace no problem - which is what counts for me.

Gopros consistently break too but good luck getting help from them; instead buy them from a retailer that will replace them (costco or REI for example).

lyosha

I've had my N3 do lots of funky stuff. One time it went to 2500 ft when I was at 1000 ft and proceeded to go down to 1000 ft at roughly freefall speed.

If you want something that won't glitch out on you, use an analog altimeter.

And if an analog did "glitch" unless you were staring at it at the time, how would you know? analogs can be inaccurate also. Just saying nothing is perfect