kneepuff

When was your first cutaway?

surrrrre... feel free to judge, Jenn...

Just wait until you feel the wrath as that boring engineer hunts you down under canopy and TIES YOUR MAIN IN A KNOT BEFORE YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO PROTEST!!!

OH THE HORROR!! I CAN'T SLEEP ANYMORE

(besides... its in a song;))
--- and give them wings so they may fly free forever

DiverDriver in Training

When was your first cutaway?

sunset load :D

after a track jump (around jump 700), opened a massive spinner (approx 3kft) with my Crossfire2 119 loaded around 1.6-1.7. Decided I 1)didn't like how it was flying 2)wouldn't be happy if I tried to fight it too low 3)wasn't sure I could get out of the twists.

I cut it away around 2100ft, continued turning on my back for 2 revolutions, got on belly and opened my smallest canopy at that time (Techno 115), opened fast but not brutal, flew well, kept my handles, landed a couple feet from my freebag.

A friend landed with me and my cutaway main joined us shortly after, only 50meters (150ft away)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Jump 57. A nasty horseshoe at 12 grand. I learned to have my pin checked before exit EVERY TIME. That's not a good way to learn that lesson. [:/]

You can read about it here
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1814821#1814821
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

Jump # 426 -
I did a Hop N' Pop from 2,300' with a snively sabre2 150 - one it opened (at about 1,400' I had one side in tension knots and the slider locked up about 1/2 up. I pumped on the risers a few times, and when I realized I really didn't have much time to dick around - I had a nice stable cutaway and landed my tempo150 safely.
in retrospect - maybe if I would have built up some more speed before tossing It may have helped the problem, but then again when You get out at 2,300', you really don't have too many choices.
=========Shaun ==========

Then I went to release the brakes and the left toggle came off in my hand!

So what happened!?!?:S
The toggle slipped out of your hand? How come you didn't think to reach back up and grab it. I'm all not for judging some one else but there was one at my DZ a couple of weeks ago where the lady explained after LANDING a LINEOVER that she didn't want to pay for the handles because she was afraid of dropping them.

You must be the opposite if I understood your "malfunction".

EDIT: mine was jump 163 on my stiletto 120.
Na' Cho' Cheese

I read it as the toggle actually detached from the brake line, not that she lost her grip on the toggle.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Guest 1010
yeah we gotta do that again :)
well less the reserve ride :o but what a pretty dz kaw-shelton is B| and yeah stephz got the pics too ;)

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

The toggle slipped out of your hand? How come you didn't think to reach back up and grab it. I'm all not for judging some one else but there was one at my DZ a couple of weeks ago where the lady explained after LANDING a LINEOVER that she didn't want to pay for the handles because she was afraid of dropping them.

EDIT: mine was jump 163 on my stiletto 120.

Yep - the left toggle came COMPLETELY OFF in her hand... Even if she could have steered the chute, landing it would have been a different story...for someone with 6 jumps.

Bill Dause - the owner of The Parachute Center in Lodi, CA said she did everything according to plan, and her training. ;)

WAY TO GO KP!!! B|
Red Baron
www.kneeriders.com

No, guess you didn't understand my "malfunction". My "malfunction" as stated in my original post was that the toggle came off in my hand - as in completetly detached itself from the line. Not that it slipped from my hand. I did plenty of thinking. I thought of exactly what I was taught in my training and executed the EPs accordingly.
Kneepuff
Girls just wanna have fuh hun!

8 - blown out topskin on shitty gear

17 - ball of shit induced 6 twister before inflating

21 - perfectly good, flyable canopy - just hooked up backerds. hey, nobody is perfect.

none since and at 500+.
namaste, motherfucker.