phoenixlpr

Does this look OK?

I see 2 problems:
First: some one stole your slider.
Hah!
Hah!
Secondly: your bridle is miss-routed UNDER your canopy. I doubt if opened with the bridle so badly miss-routed. Chances are the bridle miss-routed itself when they canopy surged after initial inflation.

phoenixlpr

***were you drunk when you hooked that up!?

:D:D:D:D:D

What trouble can happen jumping a rig like that.
Tension knot?

i'm not a rigger, that's what most likely could happen. see twisted steering-lines in skydiving, or worse, BASEjumping, that resulted in bad things happening. friction is higher, so more chances of.

i would fix that if i were you. i've hooked my first canopy up alone (skydiving) and had a line misplaced, i fixed that instantly before the next jump, it freaked me out. keep your gear in functioning order, treat it well, it may safe your life! :)
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

stayhigh

Unhook the left frontside slinks and twist them couple time to even things out.

Symmetry is the key bro.

THAT^^

i think there's even something like a step-through as to describe best. you were so totally drunk dude, i'm PMSL here.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

mark

***i think there's even something like a step-through as to describe best.

Can't be a step-through if the lines were assembled correctly and the lines on the rear riser are still correct.

Mark

mark, there's NO WORD for this, it's NOT assembled correctly, that's what's so funny about it! the riser is twisted and SOMEONE managed to even turn it through the lines, i dont know how to describe it. :D
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

riggerrob

I see 2 problems:
First: some one stole your slider.
Hah!
Hah!
Secondly: your bridle is miss-routed UNDER your canopy. I doubt if opened with the bridle so badly miss-routed. Chances are the bridle miss-routed itself when they canopy surged after initial inflation.

I'm assuming you're not serious :) ... The bridle under the canopy is a shadow.

The Right line group was hooked up with a twist.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

jdewey95

New A license here, can someone point out what I'm seeing? The point where the toggle lines attach looks weird but I can't put my finger on what it is

Hook-up of the right front group of lines is incorrect, you can see the right front riser has a 180 degree twist. I ou can see the tip of the riser faces backward. It is a rigging fault.

hackish

Worse than that I had to call a rigger (second time) this year for hooking a reserve up like this. First time i called him was for finger tight rapide links. If there ever is a 3rd time it will be a report to make sure his ticket is revoked.

-Michael

This is why I still have low jump numbers. I've been spending all of my money on gear, rigging classes, and tools. After reading the BPA confidential incident reports, I can't trust anyone I don't know to assemble, adjust, alter, repair, or repack my gear, and I definitely don't trust rental gear.

jbscout2002

This is why I still have low jump numbers. I've been spending all of my money on gear, rigging classes, and tools. After reading the BPA confidential incident reports, I can't trust anyone I don't know to assemble, adjust, alter, repair, or repack my gear, and I definitely don't trust rental gear.

Whether it's doctors, mechanics or riggers there will always been good and bad practitioners. Keep in mind too that all riggers make mistakes. The careful ones catch their own mistakes before the equipment goes into service.

-Michael

Thank for posting the pictures. This is really timely. I just replaced a slider today and ended up with the same problem after reconnecting everything.

DOH!

Fortunately, I discovered the problem on the ground, but now I'm not so sure about the rest of my work...