maggyrider

Looking for swoop risers with high mounted steering line guide ring

Hi there,

I am looking for swoop risers to use on my Vector 3 rig. As the title already says I am not satisfied with my current standard risers anymore, as the guide ring for the steering lines is too low in my opinion and is interfering with inputs to my rear risers. When I grab the rears in the position that feels best for me, the guide ring is exactly below my hands, so the steering line is actually running down from the toggle to the guide ring and then back up to the canopy. I hope this explains my problem.

As most manufacturers do not provide any high quality pictures of the risers they offer I did not really find anything suitable until now. And I do not want to order anything when I am not even sure if it's the thing I want.
Can anyone of you recommend a riser that has the guide ring mounted close to the softlink and is equipped with an additional loop to set the brakes in the correct position? Ideally the risers are offered with dive loops mounted through the s-links (like the UPT louie loops) and available somewhere between 23 and 25 inches. Low drag option, RSL ring and slider keepers are not needed.

EDIT: To give some examples of what I am looking for - https://instagram.com/p/lgu_qcTGEd/ or https://instagram.com/p/mMvhYlzGIT/
Nice words are not always true - and true words are not always nice.

not if you just loop the part with the cateye through the original ring, so that it releases from it once you release the toggles.. easy fix without needing to replace anything =)

If you don't have those rings at hand in Eggenfelden call Hans Ostermünchner at fallschirmdepot.de

Still like the Lookma RDS on your Katana 120? Might soon have a 107 with appropriately sized RDS-slider for sale, if you're interested =D
-------------------------------------------------------

To absent friends

Another option is for a local rigger to sew something up. Just add an inch or two long riser tab with a ring, to create that a small 'third riser' as some called it.

I didn't like the simpler version of putting the 2nd ring within the slink, as the brake line would in certain flight conditions rub against the slink, at least on my canopy.

A really simple version that has worked great for me:

[inline "PChapman_mini_3rd_riser__swoop riser__brake_line_guide(mini).jpg"]

(One can't see it in the photo but the brake line does go in and out of the locking ring from the top, so the line does pop free of that lower ring.)

Yep, the RDS slider is great - I did not expect such a difference but it's worth every cent. Totally recommendable to everybody.
The openings are great and I will stay on the 120 for some more time before I downsize again.
Nice words are not always true - and true words are not always nice.