councilman24

Loudest Audible?

Okay, broke my Time Out last year. Always liked it. Dug out my Pro Track, got new batteries for it and put on the other day. Ended up alone at break off and was watching my chest altimeter. Realized I didn't hear the audible. Concentrated my listening and finally picked it up, faintly. Now I remember why I never jumped the ProTrack much.

Yes I had it in the right place, yes I had it turned the right way, and yes it was set on high. Never had an issue with my Time Out.

And yes my hearing is good. Just had it checked last fall and that ear was almost as good as it gets. No significant loss.

So, what is the loudest audible on the market. Would like real world opinions. Could probably look up specs but not sure I believe them. Not looking for fancy but know I can't get much else. So loudest and simplest.

Thanks
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

councilman24

Okay, broke my Time Out last year. Always liked it. Dug out my Pro Track, got new batteries for it and put on the other day. Ended up alone at break off and was watching my chest altimeter. Realized I didn't hear the audible. Concentrated my listening and finally picked it up, faintly. Now I remember why I never jumped the ProTrack much.

Yes I had it in the right place, yes I had it turned the right way, and yes it was set on high. Never had an issue with my Time Out.

And yes my hearing is good. Just had it checked last fall and that ear was almost as good as it gets. No significant loss.

So, what is the loudest audible on the market. Would like real world opinions. Could probably look up specs but not sure I believe them. Not looking for fancy but know I can't get much else. So loudest and simplest.

Thanks

Try using earplugs and see if that helps.
It usually works.

If you don't have any hearing loss issues, it doesn't make sense that you can't hear them when so many other people (including myself) can. Even in an open faced (pro-tec) helmet, I was able to hear it without a problem.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am