dima39

Lineset for Icarus canopies - where to buy?

Maybe I can answer part of that.

I started the original Icarus Service Center, along with the service center concept for other manufacturers. Also, we use the factory files for Icarus, PISA, Attair, Para-Flite and a few other companies.

On another note,we still manufacture one line at a time. This is a process which is more time consuming, but more accurate than mass producing them.

So with that, my Icarus Line sets are usually considered factory line sets.

MEL
Skyworks Parachute Service, LLC
www.Skyworksparachuteservice.com

MEL gets his sh*t right!! There really is no other way to say it than that. :P

I personally own one of those "rare - tweener" crossfires. Not labeled a Crossfire-2, but not exactly a Crossfire-1 either. Checking the serial # of it on Icarus' own website, then reaching out to them - I got the sense there was real confusion over exactly which lineset to ship. So - I reached out to MEL. "...No problem Grant - get me the canopy, and I'll take full care of ya".

Turns out my canopy is one of the one's made in Spain, right smack in the middle of the transition.

1 vectran new lineset, expertly installed - and the trim is absolutely PERFECT!! 1st thing I noticed when getting the canopy back was that the brakelknes were tacked. Oh no, I thiught to myself... gonna be a pain to adjust - I've *ALWAYS* had to adjust, with factory delivered linesets. But not MEL's! ...Again - - ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!

My baby's now good to go, for another 800 or so jumps, and I couldn't be happier.

You won't go wrong, when it comes to linesets, if you choose MEL.

coitus non circum - Moab Stone

I still need to have DOM, size and s/n for every single canopy before ordering particular lineset or it's possible to just buy "lineset for Crossfire2-149" like with PD's canopies?

Next step for me - some sewing machine for bartacking lines.
Now i install lineset myself, but use other service center for bartacking it after me.

Any idea for model of this machine, i think used one can be fine.

I still need to have DOM, size and s/n for every single canopy before ordering particular lineset or it's possible to just buy "lineset for Crossfire2-149" like with PD's canopies?

Having the serial number is always great, but usually not needed. There are some canopies that absolutely need to be identified by serial numbe like the Safire II.
Safire serial numbers before 94213827 are considered Safire I's and serial number 94213827 and above are Safire II canopies.

PD has a few canopies that you need to know what revision that you are dealing with or have also.

For instance the Pulse. It has two Revisions P01 and P02.
See attached:

Other manufacturers are in the same boat as well.

MEL
Skyworks Parachute Service, LLC
www.Skyworksparachuteservice.com

dima39

Next step for me - some sewing machine for bartacking lines.
Now i install lineset myself, but use other service center for bartacking it after me.

Any idea for model of this machine, i think used one can be fine.

I use a 20U and make an end start/stop bartack. Technically I can do center start/stop but it's just too much work. For doing a couple canopies it's acceptable.

If you need I can send you a video of how I do it but the manufacturer approves a simple zig-zag stitch so I'm already overkilling it. I just like to close my eyes and in my head imagine it's an electronic tacker going 100x faster than manually :)

-Michael