riggerrob

Tanka Rogallo reserve from Russia

Does anyone have packing instructions for a Tanka Rogallo reserve?
Pictures are better since I cannot read the Cyrillic alphabet.
Can anyone share stories of jumping a Tanka Rogallo reserve?
How does it compare with a PZ-81 reserve, Paradactyl or Delta 2?

Hey Rob I can get back to you in a couple days (when home) if you don't already have an answer for the Talka. Actually one rig is called the Talka, and the reserve it uses is the PZ-81. The PZ-81 is then also found in other rigs, such as belly mounts.

But my manual might also be in Cyrillics. It's been about 5 years, but it seemed better than a Paradactyl and a little worse than a Dual Keel Paradactyl to land -- I think its area is somewhere in between too

Checking old threads quickly, I see we had the same issue years back -- no translated manual. ...

I'm Russian, but everything I know about this sport I learned in English, so all the terminology is a bit foreign to me. I couldn't find anything relevant for "Tanka" (well, lots of information about tanks, but I assume that's not what you're after). If you meant "Talka" then that's a parachute system that can contain PZ-81 or several other parachutes. Found a two-part video for "packing pz-81":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1iyuhVDFLA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcz8iu3Mxls

If you find the manual, I might be able to help you with some of the translation.

Hi mxk,

I'm Russian

Back in 2000, while on a 3-week European vacation, I spent a day on a dz near Kielce, Poland. There were a couple of Russian Talka rigs being jumped. They were basically copies of a Vector I/II.

It was my understanding that 'Talka' is some type of bird; yes/no?

Jerry Baumchen

Does anyone have packing instructions for a Tanka Rogallo reserve?

How does it compare with a PZ-81 reserve,

It IS PZ-81.
Reserve (PZ-81), main (Po-16, Po-17), and container was marked with same stamp (Talka), when it was produced like a system.

When PZ-81 was make like belly-reserve - it was stamped PZ-81
Lexa