hangdiver

Unairworthy gear in classified...

So I'm looking for a used rig...I respond to...

http://www.dropzone.com/classifieds/Detailed/Containers/Mirage_G3__176960.html

advertised as in great condition...and send him a $100 to ship the container and reserve to Lodi to have Pete Swan do a pre-sale inspection...

I try the rig on it fits great...Pete starts looking it over...the container looks good for 400 jumps but needs washing...then starts inspecting the harness...the hip rings are all rusted as well as the friction keepers on the leg straps with rust permeation into the webbing...

I take pictures and send them to the seller and also to Mirage to ask them for their repair recommendation...

Mirage says complete harness replacement...yeah that's what Pete said...the seller demands the rig back and won't even talk about my offer to offset the damaged hardware...it sat in water at some point...the hardware is fairly pitted and will eat right through that webbing...

Buyer beware...have any rig you buy thoroughly inspected...

hangdiver

"Mans got to know his limitations"
Harry Callahan

I emailed him and told him his paper weight that looked like a rig was being shipped back insured...

his reply:I don't understand...

I sent him this link and his ad was down immediately...and all signs of him on dizzy...

Don't try and sell shitty gear that you stored in the gutter...advertized as in great condition...

I made you a reasonable offer and when I posted this you ran away and hid...now you know that rig is non-airworthy and you are liable for trying to sell an unserviceable life saving device.

hangdiver

Harry Callahan

now it became one of those rig that just sits in the corner somewhere?

get your money back or keep the rig. the rig seemed like it was worth less than 100 bucks.

i see a civil law suit in your future. good luck.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

I know his real name and the name of his dental practice in NJ...but he posted here with the fake name "Eugene Gore" this is not his real name.

I paid to have the rig sent back seeing how the Lodi DZ would be liable because they did the escrow.

This guy is a douchebag...

Oh...by the way "Eugene" I hope you're reading this...you probably run your dental practice like you run your gear sales...

hangdiver

Harry Callahan

I recently planned to sell my container and had my rigger inspect it. He found some surface rust on the rings inside of the webbing and he grounded it. At my expense, I had the harness webbing replaced and had new stainless steel hardware installed. The rig was then in great shape with a new harness and rings. I also threw in a new d-bag, risers, and an altimeter. I then sold it for what I was going to originally ask. My rigger, the customer's rigger, and the customer were all pleased. Most of all, I was happy that a good rig went for a great price to a jumper who could appreciate it. It is skydiving gear. Either sell it in great shape or throw it away.

I recently planned to sell my container and had my rigger inspect it. He found some surface rust on the rings inside of the webbing and he grounded it. At my expense, I had the harness webbing replaced and had new stainless steel hardware installed. The rig was then in great shape with a new harness and rings. I also threw in a new d-bag, risers, and an altimeter. I then sold it for what I was going to originally ask. My rigger, the customer's rigger, and the customer were all pleased. Most of all, I was happy that a good rig went for a great price to a jumper who could appreciate it. It is skydiving gear. Either sell it in great shape or throw it away.

That is the right thing to do...kudos to you!

hangdiver

Harry Callahan

Yup, when I sold my shitty Cobalt for a 100 dollar, I told the person exactly what the guy should expect.

Reline needed, the slider grommet has to be replaced, and it opens like shit. Might as well use it for ground launching canopy or use it as a rigging practice.

The guy bought it, relined it, changed the grommet and said it was the best canopy he ever bought. :S:S:S

I can't believe you just sent it back without getting 100 dollar back first. I guess you make enough to not to care about 100 dollar.

Bernie Sanders for President 2016