PXSS

Refilling grippers?

I just bought a jumpsuit for dirt cheap but the grippers seem 'deflated' (dont know what word I'm looking for). Is it possible to open up the grippers and fill them back up? I'd contact the manufacturer but it's a dive-rite suit and I hear they've been out of business for a while.

I will ask at my dz. just wanted to hear saner opinions!
Thanks!

PXSS

I just bought a jumpsuit for dirt cheap but the grippers seem 'deflated' (dont know what word I'm looking for). Is it possible to open up the grippers and fill them back up? I'd contact the manufacturer but it's a dive-rite suit and I hear they've been out of business for a while.

I will ask at my dz. just wanted to hear saner opinions!
Thanks!

Some grips are filled thick soft material that can bunch up, this is probably what you have. Others are filled with closed cell foam that stays firm. It is likely that the grips on your suit will still function just fine as grips. I've never heard of a suit needing "reinflation". Just jump it, it will be fine.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

SansSuit

I believe Para-Gear sells gripper fluid by the quart. :)

A quart of gripper fluid sounds about right for refilling a competition suit. The OP is lucky his suit was made in America.

OTOH if his suit was sewn in Europe, he would struggle to find litre bottles of gripper fluid.

My RW suit has those masive grips that are visible for miles.
They are probably easy to hang on to, but for me as the user it's not that fantastic.
I have to walk as if I had shit my pants because the grippers between my legs are so hugh.
And the legstraps always hang up on the outer grippers.

If they work, I would keep them the way they are.

Hellis

My RW suit has those masive grips that are visible for miles.
They are probably easy to hang on to, but for me as the user it's not that fantastic.
I have to walk as if I had shit my pants because the grippers between my legs are so hugh.

Sounds like you need some gripper lube. :)

riggerrob

***I believe Para-Gear sells gripper fluid by the quart. :)

A quart of gripper fluid sounds about right for refilling a competition suit. The OP is lucky his suit was made in America.

OTOH if his suit was sewn in Europe, he would struggle to find litre bottles of gripper fluid.

With all the environmental concerns these days, please use recycled gripper fluid. Think of the planet.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

dorbie

***My RW suit has those masive grips that are visible for miles.

Sounds like you need some gripper lube. :)

And remember to apply a little gripper lube to your "wedding tackle" because half the skydivers who complain about gripper friction also suffer friction to their "over-sized" wedding-tackle.