runandjump

Is this canopy okay to jump?

I had an off DZ landing after a balloon jump a couple of weeks ago and landed on a rough dirt path. When repacking I noticed a small hole in the tail - see photo attached.

Is this something that I should get patched right away or is the canopy okay to jump for now?

In the tail, should be no big problem. My rules of thumb (this may differ with your rigger's rules, so check there first before jumping it/marking it): if I can't stick my pink finger through the hole, I circle it with a ballpoint and keep an eye on it. If the hole gets any bigger, my rigger patches it.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Looks like there is also some line burn in that area. would be good to know where exactly the holes are. if they are on the tail of the centre cells i would advise to bring it to a rigger straight away. another option is to put some rip-stop on it to prevent it getting worse.
(it is a good rule to mark it with a Pen and size of a Pinky finger as a guide.)

What she said. Get your rigger to take a look and then keep an eye on the holes in case/until they get bigger... I have some little ones in the tail of my old Pilot that look a bit like that and have been in "keep an eye on it" status for about 3-400 jumps.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

runandjump

For some reason my thread keeps on getting flagged as NSFW, even when I unclick the NSFW box. What gives?

well maybe

I noticed a small hole in the tail

:D
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

skez

anyone know roughly how much a proper patch would cost$?

depends on the rigger.
If you find "the good one" you will have a PROPER patch at a PROPER price.
Find the wrong one, and you will have neither.

How much would you pay for a proper patch ?

Performance Designs would charge something like :

SPORT PARACHUTES
Full inspection and evaluation 25.00
Patch (SM-XL) 35-75

scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM