MrShave

Vortex vs Infinity

stayhigh

Infinity was used for the RedBull stratosphere jump.

what was Vortex used for?

WTF has that got to do with anything the SPONSORED. Stratojump was funded

Both rigs are TSO'd both rigs are decent try them on and see what suits you better.
I myself jump a Micron so have no preference either way of the 2 you're debating. I know folks who jump both and are perfectly happy with them.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

If American made (and serviced if there are problems or modifications in the future) is important to you, go Infinity.
If time or $ is most important, compare and that's your answer.

You get what you pay for and companies with long lead times have high demand. Most jumpers go with what is easit to order (available dealers when they're looking at options and measuring, or available used containers) - and then love their container and say it's the "best". Very few people have put lots of jumps on more than one container to compare. Good on you for doing some research.

stayhigh

What do you mean, WTF?

It shows Infinity's fucking presence in the industry.

You don't see a Redbull pilot with some bullshit on their back.

You think he paid his own money to have that particular rig designed and developed for his jump?

the entire operation was a sponsorship deal.
REDBULLshit was highly makrketed and i DO consider that to be complete shit.
Infinity rig are no better or worse than Vortex..
In fact many many riggers seem incapable of packing the reserve trays to make the rig look decent.
Try not to drink too much of the koolaid dude.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I've narrowed it down to the Vortex or the Infinity containers.
But the question I have is, what do you hate most about each container?

I own Vortex EVS120. Generally I love it. It's cheap, neat and looks good.

What do I hate. My rigger told me that quality of minor details is worse than top 3 manufacturers containers have but it's still ok.

Slider stoppers (crosses) on the risers are too big for PD canopies, so they are useless for me and it's better to remove them. But they actually don't affect anything, just make the risers look strange.

The closing sequence for left and right flaps is different from other containers and packers may confuse. Improperly closed container looks like shit.

It's heavy. My rig has 12 kilograms (26 pounds) weight. May be it's similar for all TSO'ed containers, I don't know.

stayhigh

What do you mean, WTF?

It shows Infinity's fucking presence in the industry.

You don't see a Redbull pilot with some bullshit on their back.

Historically the Vortex only had 1 Service bulletin issued.
Does that make UPT Vector "some bullshit" ? Or VSE ?
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

why do you think Redbull choose to work with infinity?? and paid VSE money to build a rig for them??

Redbull works with the best and the coolest.

therefore

Infinity=best/coolest.

don't be mad cause you don't have one.

and to the guy^, Redbull team uses Sigma rig for their tandems. So therefore UPT isn't some bullshit.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

I have a Glide 2000 and its pretty sweet. Its comfy, stylish and does everything I want with it. Lead time was short and they fixed a long riser issue with no questions by swapping them out for me while letting me still use it while they shipped the new risers. Give them a look at PMI

stayhigh

why do you think Redbull choose to work with infinity?? and paid VSE money to build a rig for them??

Redbull works with the best and the coolest.

therefore

Infinity=best/coolest.

don't be mad cause you don't have one.

and to the guy^, Redbull team uses Sigma rig for their tandems. So therefore UPT isn't some bullshit.

must be hard to see where your going with your head up your arse:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Infinity all the way, the owner Kelly Farrington, is one of the best in the industry in regards to gear, attention to detail and he is there working at the shop every day. I have such a great respect for him and the team there and how well everything is made.

Highly recommend hip articulation and floating laterals and love how secure the main and reserve pin cover flaps are.

Good luck in your search!

jumpwally

Well,,,why don't you list the reasons to stay away from a Racer,,,why make a coment and then not back it up ?

the OP's rigger hates packing Mirage,,,, wait till this rigger guy has to pack a Racer....[:/]

adventurechick

Infinity all the way, the owner Kelly Farrington, is one of the best in the industry in regards to gear, attention to detail and he is there working at the shop every day. I have such a great respect for him and the team there and how well everything is made.

Highly recommend hip articulation and floating laterals and love how secure the main and reserve pin cover flaps are.

didn't you used to work for them Gail:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Squeak

***Infinity all the way, the owner Kelly Farrington, is one of the best in the industry in regards to gear, attention to detail and he is there working at the shop every day. I have such a great respect for him and the team there and how well everything is made.

didn't you used to work for them Gail:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I was kind of thinking the same thing.

But she's not there anymore. So she has no real reason to lie.
Ex-employees can be one of the best sources to get accurate info about a company.

She sold me mine, and I have to agree about the articulation and floating lats (super comfy and stays in place very nicely) and about riser and pin security (both main and reserve).

It takes a little bit of care to get the reserve looking perfect, but it's not hard to get it looking very nice.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

he OP's rigger hates packing Mirage,,,, wait till this rigger guy has to pack a Racer...

I know man, he/she will have to remember flap-flap-flap-flap-Pilot Chute, rather than Flap-Pilot Chute-Flap-flap-flap-flap-flap-flap-flap-flap-flap-flap-flap ah hell I lost count, but you get the idea.
=========Shaun ==========

Dropzone.com is amazing some days.

GUY: "Help me to choose between an Infinity and a Vortex."
DZ.COM: "RACERS SUCK!"
DZ.COM: "RACERS ARE GREAT!"
DZ.COM: "RACERS SUCK!"
DZ.COM: "RACERS ARE GREAT! ANYONE WHO THINKS THEY SUCK IS A MORON!"

I swear, nobody gives a shit either way about Racers except for like seven people on here, but they are literally unable to discuss anything else, or let other people discuss anything else. Can they just get a subforum or something?

[On topic for a single moment: In addition to the other factors mentioned in favour of both rigs, there is no doubt that the Infinity looks a lot cooler. Vortex seems like an OK rig but it is not lovely to look at - that said neither is a Vector and it hasn't hurt its popularity at all.]
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

Joellercoaster

... there is no doubt that the Infinity looks a lot cooler. Vortex seems like an OK rig but it is not lovely to look at - that said neither is a Vector and it hasn't hurt its popularity at all...

:o:o:o this is so very subjective...

If your rigger is not very familiar with the Infinity, he can check the video by Rory Corrigan on "how to pack a beutiful Infinity". Works like a charm.

I wish more manufacturers posted such videos, with such good hints and tips. (Sunrise Manufacturing, please read this)

Thanks again Rory.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtudQ-Xt138

and what's with so many rubber bands on the Racer freebag? I've only packed Racer once and it requires whole new class just to pack that rig..........

All the other rigs I can figure out how to close it in a working manner without reading the manual, but Racerss...........