fcajump

Racer Owners - RSL?

Just would like to get a feel from Racer owners/jumpers on how common each RSL configuration is in the field...

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I've got a 2k3 throwout with the RSL removed.

JW
Always remember that some clouds are harder than others...

I've had 3 2k3's, and right now I am jumping without an RSL. However, I am currently researching methods to install a single sided RSL (left side).

Edited to add:
I am curious - for those of you that selected "Single Sided RSL" - I would be very interested in which method was chosen:

a. Both Shackles on the left riser
b. Single Shackle on the left riser, cable through ring at break between cable housings
=========Shaun ==========

I'm jumping with the double-sided RSL, and am aware of the requirements for 2-out and pilot chute in tow. I'm strongly considering changing it over to a single-sided next time I'm at the DZ with my rig, by clipping both shackles to the reserve side. Mike at Jump Shack also sent me a diagram for a rigger to make a single-sided lanyard.

"So many fatalities and injuries are caused by decisions jumpers make before even getting into the aircraft. Skydiving can be safe AND fun at the same time...Honest." - Bill Booth

Where is the option for the new sliding lanyard? I think it's a pretty cool addition to the system. It now actually works. Before it was kind of silly to have the double because if the left riser released it would fire the reserve while the right side was still connected. I mean the thing never really worked. But now with the new lanyard extension the system actually functions. It's now one of only two systems, the LOR system is interesting but loops are a pain, that protect you in the event of a riser hang up. The collens thing is a little different. It tries to cut away the other side but it still fires the reserve into what ever is their.

You still pay the price having the RSL looped around the front of your reserve risers but that's just a training issue. If that kills you then you killed your self.

And no, I didn't vote because I don't own a fucking racer.

Lee
Lee
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com

None of mine have RSL's, but I recently had a customer who converted a double RSL a single.. Cool thing was that the double gave me 2 singles, so I put one on the first customer's rig and installed the second on one of our young jumper's Racer. The single-sided design - as long as the ring is small - too small to go over the cable housing as in the diagram attached - works just like RSLs do on most other rigs.

A Master Rigger can do the conversion.