platein

Pack Volume: Pilot ZPX equals which Pilot ZP

Hi!

How many sizes does a Pilot ZPX pack smaller than a Pilot ZP canopy? One size, two sizes,...?

Conrete: which Pilot ZP canopy does equal a Pilot 150 ZPX canopy - in terms of pack volume? Pilot 140, Pilot 132,...?

Thanks
Platein

shorehambeach

It's approx 16% less so my 188zpx is about the same size as my new 168zp

The fabric is said to have 16% less bulk, but that doesn't mean the canopy as a whole should be expected to be that much less. The reinforcement tapes, lines and such are the same volume as before.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I would say in the bigger sizes the difference should be about one downsize (188 ZPX <-> 168 ZP) and in the smaller sizes about two steps (132 ZPX <-> 117 ZP) as the steps between two sizes are quite small.
Please note that the Aerodyne ZP is (at least subjectively) thicker than ZP of other manufacturers.
Nice words are not always true - and true words are not always nice.

maggyrider

I would say in the bigger sizes the difference should be about one downsize (188 ZPX <-> 168 ZP) and in the smaller sizes about two steps (132 ZPX <-> 117 ZP) as the steps between two sizes are quite small.
Please note that the Aerodyne ZP is (at least subjectively) thicker than ZP of other manufacturers.

Is that a guess or do you have experience with that issue?

I am wondering, as with less fabrik there is less that could be made thinner (ZP->ZPX). Moreover lines and grommets etc stay the same. So the absolute differenzes in pack volume should be greater with bigger canopies, whereas less with small canopies. At leas logical that would make sense...
cheers!
platein
  • Like 1

As others have hinted to the smaller size canopy you got to the less of an effect the canopies material has on the pack volume. I asked Aerodyne this same question a while back and got that answer.

Always best to ask those that make it ;)

bit late on this one but it might help someone in the future.

i OWNED and PACKED all this equipment MYSELF. no guesses here.

pilot 188 ZPX packs EXACTLY (didnt have to adjust closing loop) like a safire 2 149

now, it packs the same in the Dbag, but my safire is a tad bit tighter in the container because of the spectra lines of the pilot are thinner.

safire 2 pack volume: 408

Pilot zp pack volume: 440

difference in ZP vs ZPX: around 8%

my pilot had 100 jumps on it and my safire has 205.
Better be on the ground wishing you were up there than being up there wishing you were on the ground.