Bdrowz

PD160 Reserve Value

Over the years I've found that a good approximation of gear value (not firm, but a place to start):

P=Current retail price
A=Age in years
D=depreciation for condition (for reserves, this includes deployments)
V=Retail Value

V=[(P/20)*(20-A)]-D

IOW - divide the price by 20 years, multiply its per year value by the number of years left* and subtract some for notable defects and wear.

*yes, I know... a 20 year old well preserved 'chute is still usable and more valuable to the owner, but on the open market it better be something special or the retail value will be low.

And in your case, that seems to be in line with the prices of similar canopies in the classifieds.

JW

PS - I also would consider the costs of shipping and inspection by the buyer's rigger(strongly recommended). While these are usually (in my experience) paid by the buyer, they can be points of negotiation.
Always remember that some clouds are harder than others...

shift

I would say closer to $700

Certainly... if you're willing to spend it.;)

Does make the point that the 'value' is what the market puts on it... An Edsel had little/no value when being sold in the showroom as new, but much higher value on the market today.

It would be my educated guess that few will pay $700(plus inspection, plus shipping) to purchase a PD160R of that age.

But, I could be wrong. :)
JW
Always remember that some clouds are harder than others...

fcajump

Certainly... if you're willing to spend it.;)

Does make the point that the 'value' is what the market puts on it... An Edsel had little/no value when being sold in the showroom as new, but much higher value on the market today.

It would be my educated guess that few will pay $700(plus inspection, plus shipping) to purchase a PD160R of that age.

But, I could be wrong. :)
JW

I agree. 160's have been sparse recently. I see a 99 for sale now for $600 with 8 packs and 0 rides, so maybe closer to that.

I was recently looking for a 126. Was in a group conversation on FB with a seller and he offered a 93 with 30 something packs, 3 rides for $600 "for a quick sale". Other guy nabbed it immediately before I had the chance to tell him he was crazy.