BrianM

Opinions on reserve riser damage?

The attached photos are of a rear reserve riser on a Javelin. There is some damage to the selvage edge that was caused by the RSL velcro on the front riser (the previous rigger didn't mate the velcro properly, the RSL only covered half the hook velcro). It looks like it pulled out a few loops but didn't break the threads.

It looks fairly minor, but it is on the selvage edge. I'd like opinions from some of you riggers with more knowledge and experience than I have. Airworthy or not?
"It's amazing what you can learn while you're not talking." - Skydivesg

As far as Velcro damage goes, that's about as minor as it gets. That should have no appreciable effect on the riser strength. I would have no problem packing that. If you are concerned you could send those pictures directly to sunpath but I suspect they will tell you it is a non-issue.
www.facebook.com/FlintHillsRigging

Always contact the manufacturer about stuff like this. As it appears "minor" remember that this is your reserve and last lifeline. Would you chance it? Also, you may have a terminal reserve ride which has much more force, I would not want to chance it.

Just something to think about...