journeyman

Line types

For a sabre 2 canopy new order form list 825 spectra and Dacron as the options. With 825 spectra being by far the most common option.

This is what you should probably consider. Its probably whats already on the canopy already and has a decent lifespan. And I don't believe PD would continue to ship the majority of there canopies with spectra if they didn't think it was a good material. They probably have those linesets on the shelf.

The followup question, why do you want to consider changing the material type that's probably already on the canopy and what benefit do you think you will get from going to something else.

According to the order form, Dacron and 825 Spec will be your only options. I don't think they will make you a set out of Vectran or HMA (maybe you could find someone to make you a custom set...but PD typically will only make you what's on the form).
*edit to add link http://www.performancedesigns.com/orderforms/Sabre2_Order_Form.pdf
I asked about a Sabre2 for a teammate with Vectran a year or two ago, and was re-directed to the 2 lines listed above.

The majority of sabre2's are 825 microline. The line is strong and thin, but shrinks with heat and will go out of trim over time. It also does not stretch (less than steel they say) and thus there is no shock absorption for harder openings.

Dacron is thicker (lower cool factor), but it stretches a bit and can make opening shock softer.

I bought replacement lines in Vectran and I don't recommend it.

100+ jumps later, I am getting my sabre2 relined again - with the recommended 825 micoline. The vectran set has given me too many erratic openings. On most of them, the slider stubbornly stayed 1/2 to 3/4 of the way up and only came down on toggle release rather than riser input.

Interesting point -- Vectran is often generally better than Spectra for lines, but I can see how you found it a problem on a Sabre 2, where the slider is known for coming down really softly. The extra friction of Vectran over Spectra is probably what then causes problems.