ClayHart28

Volt Main Canopy?

I'm in the market for a new main canopy. Saw online the Volt by Parachute Systems. Supposedly it's comparable to a Sabre 2. Parachute systems describes it as lightly tapered, like a Pilot. It looks like a great canopy, but there is one thing that scares me, the price. 1200 dollars brand spanking new on chuting star. I love the fact that I can buy a custom new canopy for the price of a beat up, out of trim Pilot. My only fear is that there has to be some reason either quality or flight wise that dictates this price. If anybody has any experience with this canopy id love to hear it.

That canopy is produced here in South Africa - maybe that is why it is cheap? (The pilot is also produced in South Africa).
Our exchange rate is terrible at the moment if we bringing stuff here from USA but the other way around....

I have not jumped it nor any of the Parachute system canopies, but I have heard a lot of positive things from other jumpers about this canopy.

As long as I've been in the sport, there have been low cost canopies from South Africa. The Tempo was about half of what PD reserves were. As I remember the Viper/Alphas were made there too and were 850 bucks for something similar to a Stiletto.

JeffBarlow

Have got experience flying few sizes of Volt - canopy behaves more or less like a mixture btw Safire and Pilot.
One thing i can tell you for sure:
for that much brand new - NOTHING FlIES BETTER

I wonder where someone looking for one could find one?
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

My brand new Volt 170 loaded at 1.1 used to routinely get me in a bunch of line twists. Openings were off-heading by at least 180 degrees on average. Sold it after 80 jumps and never encountered the same issues ever since.

It does fly great after the line twists are cleared though...

monkycndo

***Have got experience flying few sizes of Volt - canopy behaves more or less like a mixture btw Safire and Pilot.
One thing i can tell you for sure:
for that much brand new - NOTHING FlIES BETTER

I wonder where someone looking for one could find one?

Cynicism looks good on you, Monkey... ;-)
Remster

The Volt is a great canopy, perfect for somebody who likes hassle free deployments and flight.
It´s very stable in high wind conditions and has a lot of range either on toggle or front-rear riser. It can be zippy when you want it but nice and docile when you need it.

The qualitiy is just great.. comparable to a PD canopy.

You won´t be diappointed with this wing!