FrancoR

Where are Jumpsuits manfactured

I am looking to buy a jumpsuit and asking myself where they are made. Sweatshops in Asia like the rest of our clothes or somewhere else? Does anybody where a specific manufacturer makes its jumpsuits?

Franco
If it does not cost anything you are the product.

FrancoR

I am looking to buy a jumpsuit and asking myself where they are made. Sweatshops in Asia like the rest of our clothes or somewhere else? Does anybody where a specific manufacturer makes its jumpsuits?

Franco

Most jumpsuits are made to measure, so they're not really suited (no pun) to farming out to sweatshops and mass production facilties. This is also why they cost so damn much.

Parasport: made in Italy.
Tony, Bev: made in USA.
Sonic: Made in Spain.
Rainbow: Made in Germany.
Symbiosis: Made in the UK.

There are made-to-measure outsourcing operations for normal clothes, I realise (you can get measured in London for a suit that gets sewn in Hong Kong) but I don't know of it happening in skydive world.

There was a Pakistani company making jumpsuits I think but I think they were up front about where they were, and the results people had with them were variable.

[edit: Canopies are a slightly different matter. Some are sewn in countries other than the ones where the companies have their head offices, but not in anything like a sweatshop. The skills required are too high.]
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

Parasport: Made in Italy.
Tony, Bev, Liquid Sky, Flitesuit, Merlin, Michigan Suit: Made in USA.
Sonic: Made in Spain.
Rainbow: Made in Germany.
Symbiosis: Made in the UK.
DeepSeed: Made in New Zealand. Edited
Vertical: Made in Canada.
Skylark: Made in Ukraine.

50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

... [edit: Canopies are a slightly different matter. Some are sewn in countries other than the ones where the companies have their head offices, but not in anything like a sweatshop. The skills required are too high.]

...................................................................................................

The majority of canopies are still sewn in first-world nations because of tight quality-control standards and tight materials-tracking requirements. It is easier to list canopies that are seen separately from their head office.

Performance Designs is based in Florida but has a subsidiary in Honduras.

Aerodyne is also based in Florida but used to sub-contract some of their production to Parachute Industries of South Africa.

Parachutes de France is based in Europe, but they also have a factory in Mauritious (sp?).

FrancoR

Franco

I have mine made for me here in China. They are tailor made by two women who definitely do not work in a sweat shop. Their quality is first class and, in fact, I am having two more made in the next month so when I travel back to the states and Europe this summer I have three--one of fairly heavy poly-cotton and two of lighter weight material. The two I had made fit perfectly and slowed me down just as I had hoped so I could shed the nick of "flying bowling ball". When I looked at the prices for tailor made suits in the states and some of the reviews that crapped all over the supposedly custom made suits--I just had to do it here. Next I am gonna havie a wing suit made. I guarantee it won't cost anything like what they do in the big PX.

i do believe those two chinese ladies who cut the suit for you probably would be able to manufacture a finest quality pajamas - no doubts about it. You look like wearing one of these on the pic you attached. But the process is actually far more complex, like:
do you they have knowledge about all the aerodynamics involved?(slow suit, fast suit etc... not to mention re: materials to use to meet the performance requirements);
do they know what sausages are for on RW suits, and where to put them on?
what booties are for? and how they work?
lotsa technicalities here bro....

And I wish you good luck with your Chinese copy of the wingsuit, whatever model you gonna copy mate. I guaranteed it won't fly anything like the original.

Frankais made in Quebec, Canada. A large number of the suits at my DZ were made by them.

Fortunately in skydiving there are many quality products to choose from. I own a Tony and a Frankais. I got measured at Tony suits and by Frankais. I think this can be a valuable part of the process as they see your size and are good at measuring stuff up.

-Michael

JeffBarlow

i do believe those two chinese ladies who cut the jumpsuits for you probably would be able to manufacture a finest quality pajamas - no doubts about it. You look like wearing one of these on the pic you attached. But the process is actually far more complex, like:
do you they have knowledge about all the aerodynamics involved?(slow suit, fast suit etc... not to mention re: materials to use to meet the performance requirements);
do they know what sausages are for on RW suits, and where to put them on?
what booties are for? and how they work?
lotsa technicalities here bro....

And I wish you good luck with your Chinese copy of the wingsuit, whatever model you gonna copy mate. I guaranteed it won't fly anything like the original.

Yeah, i buy jumpsuits from alibaba.
http://www.dear-fashion.com/Wholesale-Club-Jumpsuits/