skycop

M2 AAD

I've been out of the sport for a while and thinking about getting back in. I still have my gear, but my AAD is expired and I'm looking for a new one. I saw the price of the M2 in Paragear.
Thoughts?

I've been completely out and haven't been looking at gear or keeping up with new technology, so please forgive my ignorance if this AAD has already been addressed.

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

Personally... I only trust CYPRES but that's me. Many opinions out there and several will tell you why one is better than the other. I will not get in to all of that. Do your research and make the decision for yourself. There is something to be said about the originator and longest AAD on the market in my opinion and I also love that my CYPRES 2 unit gets checked periodically. Some do not like the service side of the CYPRES and they go Vigil or M2. If it is my last shot I like to believe it is going to work.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

I don't have an ad in any of my rigs but if you desire one there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the m2...or the vigil....or the cypres. They all do the same thing but one is significantly more than the other 2. It is what it is.

That's like asking a group of cops what the best duty gun is. Glock fans will never convince 1911 fans that the glock is a great gun.
www.facebook.com/FlintHillsRigging

Ha, well put mcordell.

There are often pockets of different brands of AAD in areas. It is often related to who is selling them. For example here I pack about a hundred Vigils every year. Today I actually saw a Cypres. At some DZs the exact opposite would be true.

-Michael

i do too. i ordered an M2 along with a reserve which will be shipping soon. im not expecting the batteries to ACTUALLY last 15 years, but i really liked the price and the non-maintenance aspects.
also their user manual is available in english and is very informative. hopefully it will save my life if i ever need it to
=)
gravity brings me down.........

Bought one for this season, mainly because I would procrastinate on getting my Cypress two serviced, so I lost use of it. Stupid, but if it needed to get sent out in the middle of a busy time at work I didn't get around to it.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Been doing a bit of reading,
I've never been one to try to keep up with the Jones's, that why I jumped and still own a Dolphin container.
I know CYPRES is a good product but I've always believed they gouged their customers a bit.
If I do get back in, I think I'm going to buy an M2 because of the price and the solid reviews I've read. I've always been a low speed fun jumper, but I don't feel comfortable jumping without an AAD.
Thanks for the input!
Blue Skies

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

Iago

We have needed a third AAD in the civilian market for quite sometime. Ten years ago you could get a new C1 for under a grand.

We have had the FXC12000 and the Astra around for a bit. And Argus had been around for a few years before it's demise.

You most definitely could not get a new C1 10 years ago. no even for 10K.

likestojump

We have needed a third AAD in the civilian market for quite sometime. Ten years ago you could get a new C1 for under a grand.

We have had the FXC12000 and the Astra around for a bit. And Argus had been around for a few years before it's demise.

You most definitely could not get a new C1 10 years ago. no even for 10K.

My memory is that in 2002 I bought a C1 for $950.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I just went through the same decision that you are making. I eventually settled on a VigilII because the cost over the life ends up about the same as a M2, but the Vigil has been on the market longer with success. I almost went with the M2, but wanted a proven track record.

For what its worth, your opininon that Cypres gouges their customers I believe is true.

Good luck whatever you decide.