Ninjagecko

RI voodoo AAD cutter placement (help)

So, I noticed a gap between the last flap where the reserve pin is and the flaps on the reserve container. Took a closer look, and I can see the cutter. Is it really supposed to be there? Took a look at the manual, but I'm no rigger. Sorry for the bad picture, but that brass looking thing next to my thumb appears to be the cutter. Any ideas?[:/]

You are right. The cutter should not be exposed.

The flaps appear to be closed in the wrong order. The right side flap (with the cutter) should be closed first, with the left side flap on top of it, followed by the top and bottom flaps.

Mark

mark

You are right. The cutter should not be exposed.

The flaps appear to be closed in the wrong order. The right side flap (with the cutter) should be closed first, with the left side flap on top of it, followed by the top and bottom flaps.

Mark

.....................................................................................

Probably won't kill you, but it is not packed according to the Voodoo manual.
The Voodoo manual says to close the right side flap (including cutter), then close the left side flap, so that the AAD cutter is completely concealed in the finished pack job.
Now is a good time get your reserve repacked because you don't know what other parts of the Voodoo manual the last rigger ignored.
When you take it to a rigger, ask if they have a copy of the Voodoo manual. If they don't, then take it to another rigger who does have a Voodoo manual.
Good riggers pack with a open (paper or lap top computer) of the manual open beside them. iPhone screens are too small to see the finer points of bridle folding, etc.

Good riggers pack with a open (paper or lap top computer) of the manual open beside them. iPhone screens are too small to see the finer points of bridle folding, etc.

Slightly off topic but this is an EXCELLENT point. I am building both an electronic AND paper library of every rig that we have in our unit, and trying to explain why to my Officers is so frustrating...... HAVE THE MANUAL AVAILABLE!!!!!!

Hi Peter,
Are you dealing with army officers or Air Force officers?
Army officers are used to making life-and-death decisions with only half the facts.
OTOH Air Force technicians are expected to do repairs by-the-book, as in "I repaired this parachute in accordance with manual ABC, page 92, paragraph 4, etc."