Alfasatwi

A Mirage Sizing Inquiry

Hi All,

I went on and got my self a used Sabre 2 230 and a Smart 190. I decided to go for a new container and was wondering if the Mirage G4 M7 could fit a 190 canopy safely? If not, would the Mirage G4 M6 be able to tight-fit the 230 Sabre2?

The MirageSys sizing guide show that each rig can downsize only one size.
https://www.miragesys.com/sizing-guide/

Cheers.
Dreaming for 6 years of skydiving, and after getting my AFF, I regretted waiting for so long!
To everyone over there, stop dreaming and start doing.
Blue Skies!!!

You should just rent until you are ready for a smaller canopy. Unless you already bought the 230. You should be OK it will just be a bit tight. Bottomless corners would make it safer and when you are ready to downsize the container will be ready. What is your exit weight?

Thanks for your reply JWest, I have already bought the Sabre 230. My wingloading on the Sabre 2 230 is going to be 1.1, on a 190 it will be 1.35 (Which is what I am going to stick with for the next few years). I am not sure I know what bottomless corners are, so you are saying that an M6 should fit the Sabre230?

Being a skydiver in Libya helps no one. We have no dropzones here. You could jump with the military team if you know some people. That is why I am buying and not renting, because I just can't rent.

Thank
Dreaming for 6 years of skydiving, and after getting my AFF, I regretted waiting for so long!
Blue Skies!!!

I previously owned a Mirage G4 M5 container and was able to fit a new Sabre2 210 into it, although the specs on the homepage says 170-190 for that kind of canopy vs container. I just had to adjust the loop and pack it more precisely then I had to do with a smaller canopy in it. The 210 was tight, and a sloppy pack job meant i had to re-open and do the folds again to distribute the canopy more evenly in the d-bag or I couldn't get the pin into the loop.

I assume it would be the same on your M6;you could fit a sabre2 230 in it but would have to be more precise on how to pack it and fit it in that d-bag, since it's designed with a smaller pack volume in mind (sabre2 190-210).

Container - M6
Performance Designs Sabre I/II 190 Soft
Performance Designs Sabre I/II 210 Optimal
Performance Designs Sabre II 230 FULL :P

Bufobufo

I previously owned a Mirage G4 M5 container and was able to fit a new Sabre2 210 into it, although the specs on the homepage says 170-190 for that kind of canopy vs container. I just had to adjust the loop and pack it more precisely then I had to do with a smaller canopy in it. The 210 was tight, and a sloppy pack job meant i had to re-open and do the folds again to distribute the canopy more evenly in the d-bag or I couldn't get the pin into the loop.

I assume it would be the same on your M6;you could fit a sabre2 230 in it but would have to be more precise on how to pack it and fit it in that d-bag, since it's designed with a smaller pack volume in mind (sabre2 190-210).

Container - M6
Performance Designs Sabre I/II 190 Soft
Performance Designs Sabre I/II 210 Optimal
Performance Designs Sabre II 230 FULL :P

Thanks man, that is what I was looking for, looks like I am going to go for the M6, try to improve my packing skills for a while before jumping!

I appreciate your help with this. ;)
Blue Skies!!!

Quagmirian

***My wingloading on the Sabre 2 230 is going to be 1.1, on a 190 it will be 1.35 (Which is what I am going to stick with for the next few years).

Just as a suggestion, 1.35 for a reserve is too high.
I need to be taking this to my instructor. Thanks for pointing that out Quagmirian.
Blue Skies!!!