Jadera

canopy differences

Hi everybody!
I need your opinion about the following:
what are the differences in canopies when it comes to line twists? let's say we are talking about 120 size 9 cell eliptical and 120 size 7 cell canopy (spectre, storm, etc.).

Are 7 cell canopies more "forgiving" during line twists giving you more time to un-twist?

Thnx!

Yes! With risers twisted unevenly canopies will start to turn. On elliptical canopies this will result in quite a fast turn comparing to the more square 7 cell canopies depending on the amount of riser offset. While spinning fast it might get really hard to kick out and you have to act quickly because of the blood moving from your head to your legs.

Joellercoaster

***Yes.

Unless it's a Diablo.

Agreed!
I had to cutaway a Diablo 135 after it spun up. That Diablo 135 was the only 7-cell that I had to cutaway.
Even my Stiletto 135 didn't spin that bad. Even with the tired (more than one thousand jumps) original suspension lines, my Stiletto never spun bad enough for me cutaway.

these are just my personal experiences with canopies and have found others experiences to be different.

sabre1-400 jumps-has line twists, likes to stay in line twists, hard to kick out of, one cutaway from spinning dive

stilleto- likes to spin in line twists but easyish to get out of.

katana- has line twists, 50/50 if it dives or not, kicks me out of the line twists. no cutaways

velocity, line twists are hard to get out, it tries to spin you into further line twists.

not alot of experience on the stiletto or velo, just enough to have my personal opinion about them. but as I've said, others have had other experiences that me. hope this helps

ridebmxbikes

these are just my personal experiences with canopies and have found others experiences to be different.

sabre1-400 jumps-has line twists, likes to stay in line twists, hard to kick out of, one cutaway from spinning dive

stilleto- likes to spin in line twists but easyish to get out of.

katana- has line twists, 50/50 if it dives or not, kicks me out of the line twists. no cutaways

velocity, line twists are hard to get out, it tries to spin you into further line twists.

not alot of experience on the stiletto or velo, just enough to have my personal opinion about them. but as I've said, others have had other experiences that me. hope this helps

You may wish to have a frank discussion with your packer (or your deployer ;)).
I'd like to chime in, but I haven't had line twists for the last 500 jumps.
Every fight is a food fight if you're a cannibal

Goodness is something to be chosen. When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man. - Anthony Burgess

jurgencamps

***Hi everybody!
9 cell eliptical > <7 cell canopy (spectre, storm, etc.).

Are 7 cell canopies more "forgiving" during line twists giving you more time to un-twist?

Thnx!

Just a remark, not all 9 cells are elliptical.an not all 7cells are square
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM