dpreguy

Where to find the Rigger Info disc?

There is a ROM(I think that's what it is called) rigger info disc for sale anymore? ParaGear used to have it listed but I can't find it.
It has the packing instructions illustrated for most rigs.
I have it and can't remember where I bought it. Outdated in some respects now, but, one of my students want to buy it. Or is there a better comprehensive library of this stuff on the market?

Marc Nadeu (sp?) produced and sold it. When new, 10 years ago or more it wasn't very complete, only mildly useful in earlier days of the internet and over priced. But I bought one to support Marc's efforts. Any rigger that relied on it now would not be doing a their job and wasting their money. Sorry Marc.:$

I know your not big on the internet.:P The parachute manuals site above is good but even better is http://www.ukskydiver.co.uk/cms/files/. In the rigging section is the most complete data base of manuals and other information that I know of in the world. I wish that guy would sell it on disc(s). It would actually probably take an external hard drive to hold.it all. There are very few things that aren't on the UK website. Anything that you or others have asked for I've usually gotten there. The only issue is that many of the file titles aren't very descriptive and you sometimes have to open several files to find what you want. Also some manuals are under the new parent company of a merger. It was down for a few months and I considered it a disaster for the industry.

And of course the best place for current manuals is the individual manufacturer's websites.

The best list of service bulletins is the Australian Parachute Federation website. They issue their own version but the original is there also.

The only reason to have the discs (2 disc set) is if someone wants a complete library of the kinds of products published. Not the manuals, but the collection as assembled. It would be like buying Debra Blackman's paper set that took a hand cart to move. I tried to buy one just for my library as a curiosity but the guy wanted too much. Tell your rigger friend not to bother.

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Ukskydiver and Parachutemanuals are great, but it is sometimes handy to be able to just search for & quickly open a file on one's own hard drive. I use The Parachute Rigger's Reference Library files for looking up old gear.

But I got my copy of the CD's "from a friend of a friend", and at full price it is probably not worth the bit of convenience to buy the manuals off Paragear.

Thanks for the info. Doubt I'll be urging him to buy it; instead I'll urge him to go to Parachute Manuals.com, as the info will be up to date.
Even though it is dated, it is still a useful tool.
See you at PIA. (I'm still trying to get a room share to halve the cost of the hotel if you know anybody)