crwslut

How long did it take them to make your new rig?

crwslut

I've just ordered a new rig and I'm curious. How long did it take for your rig to be delivered after you ordered it? Please list the manufacturer and model as well as the year you got it.
Thanks!

Manufacturers vary. Delivery times can vary by time of year, shortages of supply, and many other reasons.

What did they promise you?

Who is the manufacturer of your rig - you didn't even give us that basic info...

No promises were made. I'm hoping for ~ 2 months, but I can imagine that it takes a lot of time to hand manufacture and test a custom rig and realize that at different times of the year they're bound to have more or less in the queue in front of mine. I'd rather not say which I ordered - I'm just curious. and don't want to influence the manufacturer of my gear in any way.

Thanks for your reply BleuCiel.
What could possibly go wrong?

crwslut

No promises were made. I'm hoping for ~ 2 months, but I can imagine that it takes a lot of time to hand manufacture and test a custom rig and realize that at different times of the year they're bound to have more or less in the queue in front of mine. I'd rather not say which I ordered - I'm just curious. and don't want to influence the manufacturer of my gear in any way.

Thanks for your reply BleuCiel.

I ordered a wings rig in 2014 that took just over a month to get. They blast through them pretty quickly. I think when I ordered it I was quoted 6 weeks but got it in just over 4 if I remember correctly. That being said, the volume was probably pretty low since it was the end of the typical jump season and right now is tax return time and orders probably increase.
www.facebook.com/FlintHillsRigging

Most of the container manufacturers list the current wait times on the front page of their websites. You can be pretty sure that they will meet or slightly beat these times. They are all reputable.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

For comparison, here's a few other manufacturers:

UPT (Vector): "Current Delivery Time: 40 Weeks"
Sunpath (Javelin): "Our current delivery time is 18 weeks."
Rigging Innovations (Talon, Curv): "Current Delivery Time (as of 10/20/14): 14 Weeks"
Infinity (Velocity): "9-11 WEEKS"
Aerodyne (Icon): "Current Lead Times: Icons 10 - 12 weeks"

bob.dino

For comparison, here's a few other manufacturers:

UPT (Vector): "Current Delivery Time: 40 Weeks"
Sunpath (Javelin): "Our current delivery time is 18 weeks."
Rigging Innovations (Talon, Curv): "Current Delivery Time (as of 10/20/14): 14 Weeks"
Velocity Sports Equipment (Infinity): "9-11 WEEKS"
Aerodyne (Icon): "Current Lead Times: Icons 10 - 12 weeks"

Sorry, had to make minor correction for VSE.:)
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity