Bonedaddy

Not advertising, just need suggestions

I know this isn't the place for it so I'm not advertising gear for sale. All I need is some advice on what, if anything, I can sell this gear for so I can then put it in the Classifieds. I've got a 1981 Pegasus 7-cell (with no mods) is very good condition and 146 jumps on it, a 1982 Firefly reserve with 2 reserve rides on it, and a 1982 original Vector. I unpacked the Pegasus the other day and it's still in great shape. Presumably, the Firefly reserve is as well but i didn't unpack it. Any estimates on what to sell this gear for would be appreciated.

$300?? but probably only to someone who has jumped at least 25years and understands the old stuff

Heck, having gotten licensed in '90 I still know the differences between a Vector I and II, think I know a Firefly is to Firelite as Django is to Glide Path, but don't know whether a Pegasus was fast opening or slow opening, although I know it was really popular back then.

It would be a fun old rig to play with and show off, especially if in garish early 80s colours --- or was it all bounce-and-blend by then? I just don't know.

Sorry, but the rig is pretty much only of interest for old gear enthusiasts with spare cash -- even if technically it may be is fully functional in saving one's life.

Edit: I'm saying this as someone who has jumped even older gear so I'm not against old stuff per se.

You got a reasonable number above. As reference I paid $750 for a 1990's Vector II, Raven reserve, and original Sabre. And that was a rig I knew the history of. I haven't heard Firefly reserve in a long time. I'm not sure I'd pack it no matter what the condition, based on design and age. And I don't own any equipment newer than 1997 except AAD's.:)

EVERYTHING opened NORMALLY in the 80's. None of these new canopies that streamer and then eventually open even though you should have cut them away.:P

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

You are correct.

A significant difference from the later Firelite also of 172 ft. sq. I did not know that and had to check the manual. Used the regular 400 lb Dacron lines.

When one is used to A,B,C,D, having 25% fewer lines (excluding brake lines) might make one a little more nervous about the reserve!

I have a quantum joule with no d lines from 1986. Steep glide, decent flare. I believe the firefly was a 177. They made a firefly main and reserve and the main was 177, both 7 cell. I'd pack it for someone if it is airworthy. Nothing st all wrong with old gear. I just packed a phantom 24 into my vector 1 that serves as my 3rd rig with the joule main and I wouldn't hesitate to jump it if my sabre 2 and triathlon were both unpacked and I wanted to make a load real quick.
www.facebook.com/FlintHillsRigging