froggie

latest edition: "you know youre a skydiver when...

These things are personal experiences, and they're not drop down hilarious but still...
You know you're a skydiver when your grandmother makes you a birthday cake and the icing is a picture of a parachutist.(Under a round, LOL! She dug out her old encyclopedias to find a picture!) too sweet!
:)You know you're a skydiver when your boss is looking through the donated toys for the homeless kids and brings you back a Bugs Bunny "skydiver" (it's a bugs doll under a square parachute that sticks to the window...you should see his expression. It must be opening shock because he looks terrified and his legs are sticking out to the sides! rofl!) I have it suction cupped to the window of the "Pimp Mobile" (some of you have seen it at the dz)
And finally...you know you're a skydiver when your mom chooses where to go for her continuing education seminars based on which one is closest to a dropzone...
Yesterday she asked me if we should go to Hilton Head, SC or Amelia Island, FL...I said...FLORIDA! Its only like an hour to Palatka...maybe two or three from Deland? and there ain't shit near Hilton Head...she didn't even have to ask whether to go to Seattle, WA or Mesa, AZ...she already knew about Skydive AZ! (of course, since that is where I had planned to spend XMAS instead of with her!) lmao she loves hanging out at the dz and watching my friend Bobby do front riser turns, it scares her shitless though! hahaha
Sis

Palatka gets my vote! That is the dropzone where you have the most fun! The folks are the greatest! The Party Patrol is on the job there for sure. I not been to a boogie anywhere else except Palatka 1 4 years until I moved up north. I sure miss it
"Sped"
D-12662

"You know you're a skydiver when..." - you see the mini-O2 bottle in the REI catalogue and think "hmmmm buddy bottle. I could get some altitude."
"You are *definitely* a skydiver if..." you see that same bottle of O2 and think, "man, the cure for all my hangovers!"
"You know you're a skydiver when..." - you watch the Weather Channel for more than two hours at a time, while listening to radio forecasts and checkingat least 2 weather sites online.
-Patkat

you know youre a skydiver when.... youre concentrating so hard on what quirky remark to post on these threads that you dont realize you just sat your cigarette down in the candy dish and not the ashtray!
it sucks. im outta candy now :( lol
froggie

Frank,
yeah i am. Ive slowed down a whole lot. I realize now that i dont have to have one every second of the day., or even for hours at a time. Just working my way to stopping. but i havent forgotten what you did for me. your a big reason why ive been able to realize this. thanks frank
kel

You know you're a skydiver when your only motivation (I walk to work and home) for buying a car is so you have transport for the weekends (to go you know where...).
You really know when you are a skydiver when the *new* car you are buying is £375 cheaper than your *new* rig. You consider your rig a bargain at the price and still think you paid too much for the car.
/s
[drop till you party!]