tobyiscool1982

Anyone using air to air radios/Bluetooth setups?

adamUK

Does anyone have any experience of the Sena SMH10R before I burn the thick end of 300 bucks on a pair? I'd also like to use these for tunnel coaching.

The video above is using the 10R, the Sena also has the bluetooth housing for GoPro so you can record to the video.

adamUK

Does anyone have any experience of the Sena SMH10R before I burn the thick end of 300 bucks on a pair? I'd also like to use these for tunnel coaching.

I use one on motorcycle all the time. Loving it. Noise cancellation is working really well. And the headset is loud enough even when wearing earplugs.

adamUK

You reckon it'd be possible to mount the entire unit within a G3?

The main unit is designed to be outside of the helmet, it has buttons on it so putting it inside wouldn't make sense. The battery pack could fit inside one of the audible pockets. But you can also stick it to the outside as it's designed.

Speakers may be a problem depending on your head geometry, but Sena also sells a thin version of them: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sena-smh10r-slim-speakers

I have just been setting up mine, there is a plastic holder for the battery that can be disconnected that removes some additional bulk and you can place the whole unit in the back of the liner in the G3 via the alti pocket. Put the main headset in the alti pocket and use the wired mike and Vox activation

The low profile SMH10R seems like not a bad unit to have hidden away in the helmet. Jumping it tomorrow

On the 20s it allows you to connect the fly sight into aux input which the 10R doesnt have but thats small price for the low profile.