NegroKarlezi

PD or Icarus

If we could upvote on this forum, you'd get one. Nicely written synopsis.

That said, OP, I'm not sure if they'll ship overseas, but there's a new canopy based out of Deland called Fluid Wings. They released a canopy called the Prime a little bit ago. I've never personally jumped it, but have heard some good things about it. Acts like a Pulse but supposedly is a little more fun. I'd give them a call.

As far as company wise, in my own opinion, PD is second to none. I have never had a problem with them as far as customer support or any inquiries. PD is very involved with the sport posting outstanding articles on their website and helpful videos on youtube.

I had some questions for Icarus at one point and it was very difficult to get a hold of them. I do however, enjoy the fact that Icarus does provide a nice military discount which PD does not.

Other than my experience, I don't believe one company is better than the other and thoroughly believe they are top of the line companies. Comes down to personal preference.

I have not jump either of those canopies but I have packed a Pulse and they do pack nice and small (for a bigger canopy in a smaller container).

Try checking out a PD Storm. The wing loading is beneficial to bigger guys. I own 2 of them. Again personal preference. I know this reply is scattered brained and maybe off topic. Just trying to help.

wolfriverjoe

You are ignoring the fact that the person who did 300 "plain" jumps still did 300 patterns. Still got the sight picture on final 300 times. And made 300 landings.

i am not ignoring it. I am just trying to understand it all. Matter of fact is I listened even when the answer to my question wasnt the one I was hoping for.

I am just trying to figure out how a 1.1 to a 1.2 change can have such a huge impact. But you're right, I'll figure it out when it's time for me to experience all of it.
Better be on the ground wishing you were up there than being up there wishing you were on the ground.

danielcroft

I've never come to someone anonymous to ask if my canopy choices were ok.

Actually, I have.

It's why I'm jumping this here 135 instead of the same-model 120 I already owned (it was a great deal :P).
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

NegroKarlezi

Hi every one, i'm buying a new canopy and a can't decide if should buy Icarus Safire 169 2 or a PD Pulse 170... any info?

Stay safe

It's all down to personal taste; fly before you buy.
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA