councilman24

Cowboy (Hightex) sewing machine experience?

I keep running into these, partly because of some Midwest searches.

Taizhou Mingyuan Hightex Special Sewing Machine Co., Ltd (Cowboy Sewing Machines)
http://www.cowboysew.com/en.htm

I see them on leather working websites usually with good reviews. They have a SK-6 clone (my not be imported) along with other flat beds one that is available in the US with a 7/8" foot lift upto 6 cord. http://www.cowboysew.com/America4.htm

I did search and didn't find any mention here. I actually thought I asked this question before. :S

Anybody here have any experience? Not that I'm dropping for a new harness or 29 machine but would like to know if these are reasonable alternatives. Gotta wonder if these are coming off the same line that the Consews come off of. Seem to be a 30-40% savings for similar models. Flat bed alternative to 733 at less than half the cost.

Also, anybody here ever see/play with the 733-Pro computerized tacker based on 733 head? Do any of the manufacturer's use one? At $60,000!
http://industrialsewingmachineman.com/machines/mach.asp?dir=sewmach&brand=Consew&Model=733-PRO&ProductType=Industrial+Straight+Stitch+Machines
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Triple feed is mighty nice, but ,"no teeth on feed dog" ? Guess with triple feed teeth may not be necessary, but it seems like a leather oriented product.
Needle feed usually advances nicely when the needle is that big, and this needle must be big = 6 cord. But, gotta admit, triple feed is mighty cool
(Typical on leather specific machines, no teeth on feed dog to prevent scratching the under side of a leather product.)

No prices seen. I couldn't afford a new anything anyway

Anybody here have any experience? Not that I'm dropping for a new harness or 29 machine but would like to know if these are reasonable alternatives. Gotta wonder if these are coming off the same line that the Consews come off of. Seem to be a 30-40% savings for similar models. Flat bed alternative to 733 at less than half the cost.

Terry,
My experience is that most all of the machines today are coming from one factory. They will placard whatever name you want on the side of the machine when you order it.

On EBay you will find a product line of machines with the label "SewLine". That company is just up the road from me and the owner told me the above was true also.

Also, anybody here ever see/play with the 733-Pro computerized tacker based on 733 head? Do any of the manufacturer's use one? At $60,000!
http://industrialsewingmachineman.com/...ight+Stitch+Machines

I had one for less than two weeks.

Found it on EBay and resold it to a manufacturer that made safety harnesses in Ohio. I did not give $60 grand for it though...

Also, I think I saw a photo of of one in either UPT or SunPath but can not remember for sure.

MEL
Skyworks Parachute Service, LLC
www.Skyworksparachuteservice.com

MEL,

I don't see a lot of new machines but it seems that even though they may all come from one factory they have different level of parts used. Cheap ass no name crappy parts and Consew maybe better parts put on same casting. Think this is true?

Example is a no name 20u that friend that has, bought new, that has always sewn like crap. Manual supplied in chinese only. I think, although I haven't seen one in person, that consew or singer versions must operate better.

Sewing Machine Sales in Ohio mentioned in other thread seems to be out of business. Phone numbers disconnected and website domain for sale. Who else does reverse and high lift modifications to 7-33's?
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

I don't see a lot of new machines but it seems that even though they may all come from one factory they have different level of parts used. Cheap ass no name crappy parts and Consew maybe better parts put on same casting. Think this is true?

Maybe. I think all of the new machines EXCEPT Juki are basically junk for the most part.

Sewing Machine Sales in Ohio mentioned in other thread seems to be out of business. Phone numbers disconnected and website domain for sale. Who else does reverse and high lift modifications to 7-33's?

Try Keystone Sewing.http://www.keysew.com/

MEL
Skyworks Parachute Service, LLC
www.Skyworksparachuteservice.com