skreamer

48 hour deodorant!!!

Just gotta share this one with you guys!
I've been living in the UK for 5 years now and one of the first things I noticed here was how few houses have showers. Some of my colleagues also think I am a bit strange because I shower every single day (I'm always arriving at work late with wet hair). The locals reckon because it is so cold here and they aren't physically that active so bathing daily isn't that important (isn't that right Mike?)...
Anyway, here's the funny part, I ran this race on Sunday and afterwards we each got given a hamper of free promotional goodies. One of the goodies is a new deodorant that sells itself as the '48 hour deodorant'! According to the label this deodorant is great because you can easily go 48 hours between applications!!! They are obviously selling it in the knowledge that most Poms go at least 48 hours between washes!.I think that is how some of the locals view their toothbrushes as well.:S
Anyway, this just goes to prove what anybody using the Tube in the summer already knows.:D
/s
PS good thing there are no English people following this forum who I might have offended...

That's funny. I lived in London for about a year and it was a very traumatic moment when I found out there was no shower at my flat... only a bathtub which is not very conveinant at all. Some of my coworkers out there freakin STUNK. Can't even tell you how many times I wanted to tell them to take a freakin shower already.
thanks for the memories.
-cya
Oh, the blue skies are calling me back again!!!

Yes it was, and I am still walking funny as a result. My co-workers reckon I must've got gang raped by a shipload of French sailors on the weekend because I am walking around like John Wayne with haemorrhoids!!!
ha bloody ha :(
/s
PS you might have seen me on the telly, I was the one begging for morphine from the St. Johns ambulance people and trying to hitch lifts from the wheelchair entrants...

don't worry skreamer, it can't be that bad. wait till ya get on an eight hour flight with 400 germans that don't like to use deodorant! it's just a personal prefrence thing i guess....

"if dreams are like movies, then memories are like films about ghosts"-counting crows

I don't know about you but the place that I work has like 70% foreigners. They all have "different" bathing and grooming habbits. Some just smell. Others are visably dirty and still others just reak of perfume. I am not sure what is worse three days without a shower or like two bottles of Channel. Both make me gag.
Do the Euros at least brush their teeth?
Fly Free, Fly fast, Fly together
Albatross