EvanA61915

Repack Cycles

So, I'm an FAA rigger in a foreign country, and they observe a 120 day repack cycle. I'm wondering what repack cycle I should go by.

I know if foreigners coming into the us had us manufactured rigs would be 180 days, and that foreigners coming in with foreign rigs observe the foreign rules, but here's the circumstances:

I have US manufactured rigs being jumped by foreign tandem masters, in a different foreign country. Which repack cycle is applicable? The country of rig manufacture? The country I'm in? Or the people jumping them?

I have foreign manufactured rigs being jumped by foreigners of different countries being jumped in a third foreign country by an FAA rigger. Three different repack cycles are involved. Which should I abide by?

Also, My rig, US rig, US manufacture, US resident jumper being jumped in a foreign (and strict) country with a shorter repack cycle. 120 days or 180 days?

How is there even a question here? You are in a country with laws, or rules that require a 120 day repack cycle. If you have any question at all, don't ask here, ask the authority in the country you are working in. You use the word "observe", do you really mean "require"? I don't blame you for not wanting to do 120 day repacks. But you can't get clarification, or ease your conscience by any answer you will get in this forum. The unnamed country you are in may or may not make provisions for this, you will have to consult locally to get any valid answer.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

The applicable law is where you reside. Period. Especially if you operate a business there, let alone a permanent skydiving operation. 120 days.
I was that kid jumping out if his tree house with a bed sheet. My dad wouldn't let me use the ladder to try the roof...

Ditto what the others say, 120 days.
Even better, if one of those unnamed country jumpers come to the USA, the 120 days repack cycle is still valid and not the 180 days cycle. His skydiving insurance makes that mandatory.

I know if foreigners coming into the us had us manufactured rigs would be 180 days, and that foreigners coming in with foreign rigs observe the foreign rules, but here's the circumstances:

??
See my answer above.

An FAA-certificate holder should operate in accordance with FAA regulations except where (FARs) are repugnant to local laws.
IOW work to whichever law is tighter. The local 120 day standard is tighter than FAA standards.
If any student gets hurt, local police will hold you to local laws, which means that tandem rigs should be maintained to the local (120 day) standard.
Sport jumpers are on their own. When they pick up their rigs, tell them about the local 120 day standard and write it on their invoice. If they chose to ignore local rules, that is their problem.
Visiting foreigners are adults and should be held responsible for maintaining their own gear. As long as the local (120 day) cycle is written on the wall near manifest, you are covered.