corpkid

Anti-Fog for a Full Face?

Playing lots in the Orlando tunnel lately and last time on my back my Phantom X visor fogged up almost immediately - had to keep cracking the mask open to get just enough visibility to know where I was relative to my coach. Totally sucked. I don't really have this problem in any other position but back fly it's a deal breaker and I love this helmet. Someone mentioned to me a spray you can use? Anyone have any advice? I run hot anyways and add Orlando and humidity and I need industrial level shit. Thanks!

PS - same crap happens to me when I ski with goggles. I"m thinking of dropping the FF helmet and moving to aero type goggles? But let's start with the spray. LOL

This may or may not be helpful for your helmet, but my optometrist is putting some sort of anti fogging stuff onto my prescription Wiley sports glasses he's hand cutting the lenses for, for my skydiving. He said he'll give me some of it to reapply every few months. Said its a product that gets rubbed onto the polycarbonate lens so it might work well on a helmet visor. I should have it in about a week from now, if you're interested to know what it is. He didn't mention it by product name when he told me about it. Probably others here have specific products they can recommend if you're in a hurry to anti-fog.

I use this stuff - http://www.amazon.com/EK-Ekcessories-10003P-AM-Anti-Fog-Cleaner/dp/B002BHWZFI - for anti-fogging of my visor on winter's jumping here in the UK.

Does the job for me... it's cheap, so worth a try?
Sky Switches - Affordable stills camera tongue switches and conversion adaptors, supporting various brands of camera (Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic).

Absolut

There are those Anti-Fog wipes you can order from chutingstar, been using them and they work great! They also always ship one with any G3 you buy. Hope that helps.

Ah yes - the Fogtech DX wipes - thanks. I will give them a try. FYI - they are like $10 PER WIPE at chuting star - and you can get a 12 PACK for $9 - $15 from Amazon.

Thanks again everyone.

I use this in the winter:
http://www.amazon.com/Jaws-Quick-Antifog-Spray-1-Ounce/dp/B00BMSGU9Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418227230&sr=8-1&keywords=quickspit

and it works *alright*, it reduces fogging to an extent but fogging will always be a problem with FF helmets.
Forcing yourself to breath properly (inhaling from the nose, exhaling through the mouth) also helps.
I'm standing on the edge
With a vision in my head
My body screams release me
My dreams they must be fed... You're in flight.

This is what I tell the guys at my DZ.. Check on the ground before you jump by exhaling on the INSIDE of the lens - If it fogs on the ground, you will very likely get fog in the air.. If SO - Time to WASH, CLEAN, and then use the FogTech wipe.

Don't use any spray/clean/fog cheap product, it will strip the manufactured coating off the inside over time..

So, per the Phantom X book. Wash with warm water and soap... It gets that "yuck" layer off the inside of the lens - like what you can see inside your car window:P

Dab dry with soft cloth or towel - Don't rub/scratch the inside of the lens.

Use the FogTech wipes.. Now, they are "dry" wipes and they sometimes are a pain and may even streak a little.. Just a couple drops of clean water inside the lens will hekp the FogTech coat the inside..

Then quick check again on the ground - 99 percent of the time this takes care of the fog on the ground and in the air...

I hit 3 or 4 lenses for my group when the days get cold and I see fog on mine - it's quick, easy and your friends don't kick you in the head because their lens is fogged...;)

Once the plane takes off, you're gonna have to land - Might as well jump out!!

degeneration

I use this stuff - http://www.amazon.com/EK-Ekcessories-10003P-AM-Anti-Fog-Cleaner/dp/B002BHWZFI - for anti-fogging of my visor on winter's jumping here in the UK.

Does the job for me... it's cheap, so worth a try?

Wanted to add - I have that stuff and have tried it on my ski goggles and it didn't work for me. Like I said, I run hot when I'm working pretty hard (skiing/wind tunnel) so that's probably why I need something "stronger" - hope these wipes work out! I'll try the advice of cleaning my visor before applying. Have 15 mins Saturday in the tunnel and hope it stays cool like it is now (Orlando is an open-air tunnel) but we'll see!

DEFOGit by Clarity is a great product. Have used it in training masks for years with good results in many types of climates. I have used this on my full face succesfully. You can get it in most WalMart vison centers. It feels like a dry cloth that can be used about 8 times.

So the anti fog product on my wrap scripted glasses for skydiving my optometrist recommends and applied is called "fog-off stick"
http://www.avivaoptical.com.au/products/os-mp-fog-off/
Small tube retailed for $16 AU at my optometrist, so here's hoping it works well!
Packaging says its anti mist and anti static, its a wax like product you rub sparingly onto one or both sides of the lens, then polish with a micro fibre cloth (one comes in the pack). It says to avoid build up on the lens to wash lens occasionally with gentle detergent. Pack states its designed to minimise misting on a range of surfaces including glasses, goggles, visors, scuba masks, gas masks etc, so it may be worth looking at.
I'm told one tube lasts a very long time and I should not have to reapply for months.
Out of curiosity, since its over 32 degrees C and a little humid here, I put my new glasses on, (poly carb lens) tightened up the elastic strap- walked around for a while with them on my face- no fog. Just so you know, my glasses have a foam facial cavity seal on the inside of the sports sunnies frame, are a pretty snug fit to my face, and have some small vents built into the frame. How much of that was frame design or the fog off stick working, I don't know. They'll get jumped in about 3 weeks time.

I just want to let people know the Fogtech DX almost ruined my visor! I put it on after washing it and all seemed fine, then all of a sudden it started crystalizing like frost and went from the top two about 3 inches in before I started furiously scrubbing it off. Not cool.

I think it may have reacted to the anti-fog applied by the helmet manufacturer. Either way I was able to save my visor but would not advise using this product. Was pretty freaky to watch happen all of sudden - literally looked like my visor was "freezing up" the way a car windshield does!

Woah, that's not cool. So the anti fog treatment already on your helmet doesn't work so well? Did it when it was new?
Is it possible to ask the manufacturer to re-apply whatever they used originally on your helmet, if its worn off over time? Or replace the visor section if its lost effectiveness for anti-fog, though that might be too costly.
Have you tried other full face helmets to see if they are any different for you? Maybe slightly different shape or materials/ finishes might be better? Maybe a friend with a similar sized head would let you use theirs for a jump and see if its any different?

DEFOGit was the ticket! Seems to work like a champ so far, but haven't tried in super high humidity yet (been lucky). I always used to get a little fogging when I was on my back, but that night it was near 100% humidity and it was a deal-breaker - basically ruined my whole (expensive) 15 min block. I've since applied the DEFOGit (without any of that crazy crystalizing crap happening) and it doesn't fog at all anymore. I can't wait to try this on my ski goggles in a few weeks! Thanks man.