Croc

Contour roam2

I just bought a Contour roam2 camera and I can view the vids on our computer at home but not on my phone, a motorola razr M (Android) while using an OTG adaptor. (The roam2 does not have Bluetooth.) What is the cheapest tablet I can get to view the videos? Why can't I use my phone, even with the Contour app? Why did I buy this camera?
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

Roam2 is very easy to operate so less likely to run out of batteries, less likely to miss a video. File size is significantly smaller than GoPro.

But:
Colors are not that good. If you remove the memory card you might have problems with files shutting off after 20 seconds. The only way to playback that I know of is to copy and paste the file.

It might be worth it for the ease of operation if you just want to get the video hassle free...

Trunk at Hypoxic wrote a program for our facility that automatically downloads our files, allows us to label them by student roster, configuration, and jump number, then deletes them off the camera before saving them to our server. It's awesome. In the absence of that, I have never had a problem viewing files straight off the camera with the mini USB cable that comes with the camera straight onto my laptop or I-pad. I make 800 work jumps a year with my Contour Roam. We have been using them since around 2010. Why not a GoPro? Simple: our contract requires (d) us to wear side-mount and the "slide forward: I'm recording", and "slide rearward: it's off" simplicity make them a no-brainer when we jump back-to-back-to-back-to-back then debrief four jumps.

Chuck