jayrech

Full RDS on Katana

Why is this a big deal? It's my own canopy, if I feel like throwing a full RDS on my canopy, I am entitled to do so, now back to the original post, do you manufacture or know of any one who manufactures a full RDS system for a Katana 170.
D.S 174.2

Be careful what you say. Some one might take it the right way.

Here you go, under slider model click "custom" then you can put in the measurements you want.

http://paraconcepts.com/Store/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=33

make sure the tabs for the lanyard are sewn on properly or remove the supplied tabs and install new ones. I lost a pilot chute and d-bag on my second (first terminal) full RDS jump. Other than that, no problems.

TomNoonan

Looking for a full RDS for a Katana....and go!!!!

IIRC, the slider on the Katana is built in part with mesh. If you put an RDS from another manufacturer on the canopy that does not have the same size mesh area, you will affect the opening characteristics of the canopy.

Please contact PD directly if you intend to do this and get their input before doing so. [email protected]

I have a 150 that I use a flat all sail rds slider on... It opens better imo. The 135,150, and 170 use domed mesh sliders standard.
I was that kid jumping out if his tree house with a bed sheet. My dad wouldn't let me use the ladder to try the roof...

I have a 150 that I use a flat all sail rds slider on... It opens better imo. The 135,150, and 170 use domed mesh sliders standard.

Thats cool, Im happy it worked out for you. Just bear in mind that in doing so, you become a test jumper in that configuration. Hard openings injure people every year, and when you change a component out like a slider, you can change the outcome of the deployment sequence.
Namaste,
Tom Noonan

www.everest-skydive.com

I have had removable sliders (with full RDS capability) on all of my mains, even my Sabre2 97 wingsuit canopy, since 2003. Why? I don't like dicking around with collapsing and stowing "regular" sliders and I like the improved visibility afforded by them. I keep my three-piece RDS lines coiled up in my mudflap of my AFF/swoop rig so they are handy on the rare occasions I want to "really" train anymore.

Joe Bennet in Georgia built mine.

Chuck