DivaSkyChick

God grant me patience, I'm losing my mind

ARRRRRGGGGGG! I had an audition yesterday for a skydiving commercial next week. I was supposed to get a final answer today and now it's not til Monday!!!! And worse, the casting agent told me that the job is going to either me or a f--king real-life playboy playmate with 500 jumps. ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG I'm jumping out of my skin!!!
What really sux is that the job is probably going to Miss Thing, since they want a blond bimbette to jump out of a helicopter in a bikini and I'm - well I'm no blonde! - so I'm probably all anxious for nothing. But how bad does it suck to make us wait like that, and if it's such a clear cut decision, WHY WAIT? and if it's not, and I'm am truly being considered, then HOW THE HELL CAN I WAIT ALL WEEKEND????????? I can't even get drunk this weekend now, since if I do get the job, I have to be skinny (ish) next week. Too bad you can't suck in your thighs...
The very best part is that if I do get it, and I totally embarras myself, no one will see it in this country. And I would get paid. Wait, that's the best part. Flapping thighs is the worst. I think.
Cross fingers for me, if I get this I'll buy us all a jump at the next dz.com/Elsinore boogie!
xoxo
Mandy

Mandy,
It will be a sad day if you lose to "Barbie" who probably can't turn any points nor go head down. You WILL win, and most likely buy the shark a jump at Snore, or some of that aussie beer Christaan drinks. Corona, right? Anyways, we knows you are hot stuff. :$
See ya at Pear-ass!
Shark

Uhh, Mandy, if her initials are JN, then my money is on you. Just checked out your web-site - she might look nice in air-brushed pics taken on the ground, but you have a much stronger face (ie nicer cheek-bones etc.) so you will look MUCH better at terminal.
Anyway, you are a legitimate babe and must have loads of stalkers at Elsinore (hell I know I'd be one!! ;))
Good luck!
/s
PS and if you get it then "spread the cash" :)

*Mandy*
hey honey! I hope all goes well with your audition...you should totally get it...my vote is in! And Mandy you could totally be a playmate in a heartbeat....and I already told Christian this...lol...but my little brother, oh no he'll kill me but one of the first times at the dz you walked by and he was like nice ass lol and said yeah I think I'm going to love it here. I then told him you were taken, lol, and he said he was just stating the obvious.
Have a good one
**BLUE ONES**
BITE ME.... :P

Bwaaahahahahahahahha!!!!! you guys are so great, thank you!
In truth, I'm pretty sure I didn't get it. But it was worth the experience just to get so much support from friends I didn't know I had! Thank you again!
Lew - as far as getting called on these things, it's pretty much about being in the right place at the right time. My boyfriend has been in a couple of movies and commercials - just because he was there when a director called the DZ, mostly.
In my case, a model with the agency casting the commercial was also a skydiver. He knew what they needed and called his buddy at my DZ. His buddy knew me and gave him my number. Helped also that I have a website (for friends and family) so they were able to see me before calling.
From the pic you have on DZ.com, you would have been a shoo- in, I think!
xoxo,
M

Mandy has a boyfriend!??
Crap,, I was gonna have her friends have a little "trouble" at the airport in Spokane,, lost luggage,, full body searches,, nuthin serious ya know,, just enough ta spend some time with her,, then maybe be like a hero,, knight in shining armour to the rescue,, get them out in time ta get ta Lost Prairie,, but still have some,, uh,, ah,, nevermind,,, Oh shit!! I gotta make some calls to the airport!! It's Monday evening Mandy,, any news?? Did the Bimbo get the part?? (tryin ta change the subject) We all know ya deserve it!!

We'll.....
I haven't had any official word yet but I hear that the playmate is out (too pricey) and a good friend of mine (blonde, cute, early 20s, great skydiver) may have the gig.
I'll know for sure tomorrow and let you guys know. I'm bummed but what the hell... It was a long shot to begin with!
Oh and Billy, hahahahahhahhhahaha that woulda' been a riot! Does that mean I can no longer count on you for the *correct* driving directions? hee hee!
Blues (as in, I'm singing the...) :P
Mandy

Hay certain things can still be arranged,, and yes the confusing directions will save ya at least almost an hour on the drive bypassing traffic areas and stop lights,, and send ya through some of the prettiest country in the NW,, I sent ya a private post on how ta handle the commercial thing,,
Hugs
B

hey skydivachicky, thanks for the reply. let us know if you get the gig. i actually almost got on a show, No Boundaries on the WB... i know you're like what? it's another survivor that will air this fall. i guess they liked my video of the b24 jump and bell jump in my bikini, cuase i made the semifinals, but i must have been too tall i think i scared them in the interview. i hate it when that happens.
well, chica, good luck! hey if you get the gig, and they need a second jump chic, i'm there.
hmmm... right place at the right time... no commercials being filmed in ohio... hmmmm
:)lew:S

Mandy, definitely hope you get it. If you do, ya gonna remember us "little people" at Elsinore as you become an international star? "I vant to be left alone!" But I gotta ask...who's the blonde you're talking about? Sounds like a Hottie! Actually, I've noticed in my limited skydiving experience that there are few homely chicks in the sport...wonder why? Anyway, keep us posted, and I'm SURE if the producers have any sense, you'll get it! Luv, Chaz