tfg30

Atom Classic 00

Thinking of buying a used Atom Classic OO as my first rig.

I'm having a lot of difficulty finding any information about this harness on Google, here, and even on the manufacturer's website (in fact, on the PDF website, it's as though this container never existed).

Is anyone able to give me more information?
Would this be a good first rig? I get the feeling this is a bit of a "unique" rig, but I'm not sure why.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

tfg30

Thinking of buying a used Atom Classic OO as my first rig.
Any ideas?

Thanks!

The biggest reserve that will fit in is a Techno 128 and the biggest main will be 135-ish. I don't think this size will make it suitable for first rig.
There's a service bulletin about the Classic regarding the deflector flap and AAD cutter location. If you buy it and your rigger doesn't have the manual, let me know and I'll mail you a copy.
Parachute de France made some nice rigs but their customer service was awful. Be aware that from Feb. 2015 they will no longer make sport rigs and finding spare parts will become difficult.

PM me if you need more info

Cheers
"My belief is that once the doctor whacks you on the butt, all guarantees are off" Jerry Baumchen

Parachute de France made some nice rigs but their customer service was awful. Be aware that from Feb. 2015 they will no longer make sport rigs and finding spare parts will become difficult.

... Cheers

..................................................................................
Saddened to hear that. Even though Parachutes de France quit selling to the North American market circa 1990, I still had the privilege of packing the ocasional Atom. I was event he first North American rigger to sew in the main top flap update. I was working in Perris Valley, California when a visiting Swiss jumper tore the top flap on his Atom. After three frantic days of trans-Atlantic FAXes, P.deF. sent me the update and I sewed it back together.
The thing that impressed me was how snug Atoms packed, but the snugness did not become apparent until I closed the second reserve flap.
The modern equivalent is the Icon made by Aerodyne. It is rumored that Aerodyne hired some of the best French designers when they updated their entire product line about a decade ago.