theQ

PhantomX Helmet and Neptune N3

Alright I decided to get both - they are great, the helmet is XL and fits me well, not loose not tight just right. I can wear sunglasses under the visor feels great.

N3 is a great piece of hardware!

When I put the N3 in the PhanthomX the fit is tight, mainly because the N3 is pushing against my scull.

Anyone found a way to put the N3 in a different location inside the Phantom X - if you did could you share it with me ?

Thanks in advance!

Not sure this is correct regarding this helmet, but with my bonehead guner I got a note explaining how to change the fit of the helmet by heating it in the owen.

Can't remember the temperature or time but maybe that works on this helmet too.
Ask the manufacturer.

Hellis

Not sure this is correct regarding this helmet, but with my bonehead guner I got a note explaining how to change the fit of the helmet by heating it in the owen.

I am not an expert, but as far as I know this is only valid for carbon fiber helmets. At high temperatures the resin that keeps the fibers together becomes malleable again and thus you adjust the helmet fitting. The Phantom X is an ABS helmet, and I don't think "refitting" the helmet is possible in this case.

Deimian

***Not sure this is correct regarding this helmet, but with my bonehead guner I got a note explaining how to change the fit of the helmet by heating it in the owen.

I am not an expert, but as far as I know this is only valid for carbon fiber helmets.

First read carefully the manual from the Bonehead helmets.

"The liner is made up of a thermo-formable foam covered in neoprene and fabric, which when
heated, will soften and can be molded during the cooling process."

Cheers
"My belief is that once the doctor whacks you on the butt, all guarantees are off" Jerry Baumchen

Deyan

******Not sure this is correct regarding this helmet, but with my bonehead guner I got a note explaining how to change the fit of the helmet by heating it in the owen.

I am not an expert, but as far as I know this is only valid for carbon fiber helmets.

First read carefully the manual from the Bonehead helmets.

"The liner is made up of a thermo-formable foam covered in neoprene and fabric, which when
heated, will soften and can be molded during the cooling process."

Cheers

I stand corrected then. I assumed it was the same procedure as for crener http://crener.com/en/content/7-maintenance:

The helmet can be easily shaped after it is heated up to 70 degrees! Put the helmet into the center of a preheated oven for approximately 5 minutes long and let the material get warmed up well. Prepare a towel dipped in cold water, wring it and put onto your head, this towel will substitute the removable linings. Take out the warmed up helmet and put it onto your head over the wet towel and continuously push it downwards and towards your ears. After the material cools down take off the helmet from your head, put back the original linings and try out if it is now adjusted along to your requirements. If you find out that it is not as perfect as you would like, repeat the whole process once again. !ATTENTION! Before making the shaping process all helmet linings must be taken out.

OP:
Ask the manufacturer of your helmet. It could be different.
Would suck if your new helmet gets destroyed.

But is it uncofortable to have the dytter there? I can also feel my dytter pushing against my head but it's not enough that I would care.