rendezvous

Genera and Gen X deal

What do you think about the deal that is available at rigging innovations regarding the Genera container and
with Gen X main. By the way is the Gen X main. How good is it. I'm going to be getting off the AFF student status and was looking around for something affordable yet good for under 3000 and came across this deal.

Instead of buying right away try demoing a few products and determining if YOU like them. Sure you can spend 3000 to get a nice rig for right off student status, but 100 jumps from now you will want something faster and smaller. You can get a nice used rig for under 2500. 500 will buy quite a few jumps or will get a good start on a Cypres! Sure you might have to peice the rig together to get what you want but at least its exactly what YOU wanted and not what someone had laying around and put on sale just to clear their inventory.
Whoa... That was cool!

Take my advice and do what I did. Buy the cheapest airworthy rig you need (not want NEED). drop in a cypres. Jump it for 50 or so jumps. By then, you'll be bored. THEN buy a $3000 rig. that way you wont outgrow it right away. If you dont do that, you either risk losing alot of $$ right off, or risk bodily injury by downsizing to something you wouldnt be ready for until 50-100 jumps from now.
If you still insist on spending $3k for a new first rig, I have a great deal for ya... a 1995 Racer SST with a 26' phantom reserve (round) and PD190 main with only 800 or so jumps on it... what a steal ;) LOL. I'll even hand deliver it anywhere in the states for that price!!! LOL