FallDown

langer.

i've lurked here for a while and just thought i'd let you all (especially the langer boys and girls) know that having visited for the weekend that dz ROCKS big style. the people are excellent, the planes fast and the bars open as long as you can stand ( at least one night i could'nt).
also a big thank you to remi and karen who are 2 great people and who were on my first (beer) 8 way. thanks for letting me crash your jumps and not to mention th use of the packing mat, oh mighty packing mat god. i oh you a beer for that next time i'm up.
sorry i missed the other langer jumpers from here but maybe next time.
jeff.
p.s. remi i hope you and karen enjoy lappalise and turn some cool dives.

Ahhhh shucks…. :$… you know Jeff, the only reason we let you jumped with us was for the beer!!! Just kidding… was really nice to meet ya and to jumps with ya…
And don’t let these unstable freaks lead you to the dark side…And then there's Skreamer who's unstable even in RW! ;)..
Remi
PS: Will, I though you were going to Weston? In any event, have fun!

Yeah Langar's awsome. It's like the UK's only commercial all-weather dropzone :-)
I was a student at Cambridge UK (North London PC) and I was brought up on a full-time islander on a grass runway. Only Deland opened my eyes to the real skydive!
I was jumping at Langar over Christmas, and although snow was on the ground we were still jumping the Caravan. Now that the LET is here and the UK finally seems to be starting summer (susshh don't jinx it) we are set to have some awsome jumps.
Hey FallDown, I'll be around the weekend inc Friday day. Black with blue top Jumpbubble jumpsuit, with blue Vector 3 rig. Kinda chubby :-) Come and say hi. Maybe I could convert you to the evil aspirations of Freefly!
Anyone from Langar into Freefly(tm) on here?
Rob

I was a student at Cambridge UK (North London PC) and I was brought up on a full-time islander on a grass runway. Only Deland opened my eyes to the real skydive!

Com on Rob!! Jumping out of a plane is jumping out of a plane! Yea, its easy to get blazé and sploiled, but just because all you have is a small plane doenst make it any less of a skydive!
Remember, some people would call an Islander a big plane and would love to get a plane like that at their Cesna 180 DZ... I know, I was in Alberta for 2 years and thats all the Province had, but I had a blast jumping there too!

Thanks for bringing me down to earth (pun intended)!
It's because I'm a freeflyer isn't it! You belly people are always trying to a make a big thing about it!
I have to admit that the community feeling is greatly enhanced when you have a common emeny (the plane, it's slow climb rate, 10k only if you're lucky and Farmer McNasty)!
In consideration, it is a great place to jump, and they have now bought a NOMAD (16 seat turbine). It still retains that community spirit but without the politics of a bigger DZ, I certainly feel more 'at home' there and certainly less anonymous. I miss it to be honest - if it just wasn't twice the distance to Langar!
I wouldn't consider that you are being spoiled by jumping where there are good facilities! However, there is something eminantly appealing about jumping at a small DZ. You get time to talk to ppl on the plane, everyone seems to be always helping you out, making you tea, teaching you stuff in their spare time which is invaluable when you are learning. In fact thinking about it, I wouldn't be where I am now without that small community -I know people with over 250 jumps and haven't really learned how to pack, let alone getting their certificate. I don't feel that students at a larger DZ may have the same attention as I may have had.
Becides, I'm just bitching about my first years jumping and the fact that it took me 200 jumps to get my FF1&FF2 :-)
In appreciation,
Rob
btw, is that cessna thing one of them radio controlled ones? I've seen them with their tiny little RC skydivers, they're kooky ;-)

i jump at langar on occasions and can only mange sity and stand with a bit of cool 360 transitions i ended up doing a 9 way sit jump yesterday for my 100th and also a 3 way and 1 guy todem´d my shoulders while the other guy did my knees and we slowly went into a a slow spin and held it it was very cool
so if you fancy jumping together sometime lets dop it
freeeeflying cooooooooool

to all those who there this weekend i'm SO SORRY but i can't make it. WORK SUCKS. next time i'm up that way will probably be end of august and yes i am already counting the days, or i will be when it gets down to a number i can count on my hands and feet!!
don't worry remi the dark side won't suduce me, i want to get good at belly first and fly out that 10 way. then i'll think about bed hopping.
as for large dz's to small then i tend to agree with rob, i started at a small dz and as a student i recieved shed loads of advice and extra tutition. cant really comment on to many big dzs as i haven't been on to many but i imagine they are slightly more impersonal when you have say 15 or so students in the program as aposed to 2 or 3 at any one time. just my opinion.
jeff.