skydiverek

Mirage MARD is out

But I don't want to see video. I want to see the updated packing manual to help me figure out if I'm going to recommend it to my customers. I see it on the order form under options, it's the "trap system". No instructions or mention on the website though.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

But I don't want to see video. I want to see the updated packing manual to help me figure out if I'm going to recommend it to my customers. I see it on the order form under options, it's the "trap system". No instructions or mention on the website though.

That's what I was thinking. In the video at :09 it looks like the RSL lanyard is just tied around a bight of bridle

eric.fradet

I am also curious to see it in real, since the prior time with the DRX, Mirage has been infringing my patent, I promised to bring them to court if they repeat the same..

Do you have FAA approval for your MARD? Is any container manufacturer using it?

Sigh. You are just not up to my level of sarcasm. Yes, I can see it. I'm just disappointed in it. Personally I would use a marketing campaign with substance and information. There are like four frames in the whole video which are actually interesting. I think I might know how it works. But as usual it's just pretty-shiny-free-fly-colors-and-music from the manufacturer.

Lee
Lee
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com

So how does it work? I was thinking that it was a larks head around a stiffened section of bridle. Pull of the RSL and it synches tight. Pull of the PC bridle comes tight and opens the loop releasing it.

But that's just a shot in the dark from the four usable frames of the video.

Lee
Lee
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com

JWest

It only looks like a length of line connects the Reserve bridal to the RSL lanyard. It almost looks like it's just tied on there.

.....................................................................................

Why does this remind me of the "lassoo/lariat/riata" that John Sherman (Racer factory) tested and rejected a decade or so ago?????

That video was awful. How about you tell us the 5 W's:

WHAT it is

WHY I want it

WHO tested it under WHAT conditions (good on Curt-but has anyone else jumped it?)

WHEN available

NONE of those questions were answered. Only a die hard (i.e. Blind), non rigger Mirage fan would go buy that after seeing that video.

Mirage can do better...
"Sometimes you eat the bar,
and well-sometimes the bar eats you..."

Team Alter Ego published the video on their facebook page. I wrote this: "Looks like the same system as Wings, very similar to the one designed by Eric Fradet and the RAX".

This was their reply: "actually this is totally different, nothing like any other MARD system on the market."

I guess we will have to wait a little bit for the details.

I saw the reserve bridle setup a couple years ago on a Mirage freebag that came through my loft (my lips are sealed as to how it got there, haha). The bridle mod is almost exactly like the wings boost system, as I recall. We didn't have an RSL equipped rig to pack it into, so I didn't see anything but the bridle itself. If I recall correctly, a collins lanyard is not part of this particular setup (or wasn't at that time).

It would definitely be sweet if Mirage would, oh, I don't know, inform their dealers of the new option, so we could help our customers make an educated decision.

inform their dealers of the new option, so we could help our customers make an educated decision.

plz don't kill me but: the educated decision would be if anybody really needs a MARD-system after thorough discussion of the why's because on a personal level I still fail to see the merits of such systems
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

Well, here is some more info:

1. Is only available on NEW rigs ordered
2. Cannot be retro fitted to existing rigs (even those just received)
3. Mirage offering a deal to those who just bought rigs recently
4. Lead time for rigs as increased to 12-13 weeks with Trap MARD
5. No information on how it is rigged/packed

Guess time will tell

Yes, in keeping with modern times and modern marketing the major source of information is on the FB page here. In cartoon form no less.

https://www.facebook.com/MirageContainers

I hate this kind of marketing. They don't really yet have the product available, but they are talking it up in hopes of convincing people to wait for it instead of ordering a product already available.

Put up or shut up, there is no real information therefore there is not yet a product.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

New info posted today on Mirage's FB page. Wonder how it works given the portion I've bolded below...
==============
Daily update re status of MIRAGE'S TRAP SYSTEM® (RSL Mard):

Delivery times without the Trap System approx 8 weeks.
Delivery times with the Trap System approx 13 weeks.

- The Trap System is a $250 option.
- The Trap System is currently not available for retro-fit on used rigs. It is unknown if it will be available later.
- Pre-orders for the Trap System are now being accepted.
- Pre-orders require payment and are assigned first production slots.
- Orders for the Trap System will be accepted without payment, but will be scheduled after pre-orders.
- Pre-orders may be cancelled prior to production if desired.
- If a pre-order is changed from with the Trap option to without the Trap option, there will be no order change fee.
- If a pre-order is cancelled prior to production, payment will be refunded in full, minus a $150 order cancellation fee.

Details will continue to be posted over the next few days and weeks. Packing instructions and product photos are also in process. It is Mirage's commitment to its customers to be able to make an informed decision prior to taking delivery.

Why have we announced it before all marketing materials are available? This has been a large project with many aspects. Once we knew that it was a 'go', we didn't want to continue taking customer's orders for non-mard rigs knowing that many of those customers wanted a mard. We preferred those customers to be able to order a mard-equipped rig with a slightly longer delivery time.

The Trap System® is unlike any other MARD system on the market. It's a totally different approach. The Trap System® is not attached to the reserve in any way, until you cutaway and the RSL is used. It's a true 'non-interference' system. Since there is no connection between the RSL and your reserve bridle, this means that there is nothing that must disconnect for a normal reserve deployment. If you pull the ripcord, or your AAD fires, the reserve pilot chute and bridle will deploy your reserve quickly and reliably, without hesitation and without interference from the Trap System. Until you cutaway you, and your reserve, won't know it's there! Only when you cutaway, does the Trap System® RSL engage to trap and withdraw the reserve bridle, turning your main canopy into a very large pilot chute.

We would like to thank all of our customers and dealers for their ongoing support. We strive to build the best Harness and Container System available and we couldn't do it without you!

That is intriguing. Great concept, with the potential to become the most favored MARD system yet. If it truly works without exception it will likely become the gold standard.